Chapter 63 - Dyeing Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have

Keira woke up to warm puffs of air hitting her collarbone and a lazy grin broke out on her lips.

Without opening her eyes, she pressed a kiss to Wanda's forehead. "Good morning, my beautiful." She mumbled sleepily, her voice a bit raspy due to the early hour of the morning. Slowly peeling her eyes open, she saw that the first rays of sunshine were trailing through the thin curtains, bathing the bedroom in a soft light.

Wanda didn't answer but merely nuzzled her nose closer to Keira's neck, a soft smile painting her lips. Letting her hands find their way underneath the blonde's shirt, she gently scratched her nails along Keira's back.

A shiver of pleasure ran down Keira's spine and she could feel the goosebumps erupt in the wake of Wanda's nails. Her hands traveled up Wanda's back to run through the auburn locks, something they normally did out of habit. But these moments were what she lived for, just reveling in the peace and quiet.

It wasn't always like this, which was why Keira appreciated these moments so deeply.

Nightmares plagued Wanda's mind, causing her to wake up screaming and crying in the middle of the night. Keira always tried her best to calm Wanda down and pull her back to reality, but sometimes it was easier said than done.

All she could do was to give it time, to hold Wanda close and whisper reassurances in her ear until the brunette's racing heart and rapid breathing calmed down enough to be responsive to the world around her once again.

Of course, Wanda wasn't the only one being plagued by her own mind. Keira had her fair share of nightmares as well, although she tried to not let them affect her too much.

It was more important for her to be able to help Wanda calm down from the night terrors, than to face her own problems.

So far, they had avoided getting caught although there had been some close calls with people who had recognized them. Luckily, Keira was observant of her surroundings, some may even say a little bit too observant, but when a stranger's eyes widened in realization, she was quick to drag Wanda out of there and get out of the country.

It was a pain in the ass to have to travel commercially, with all the security cameras, checkpoints, and guards, but Keira had spent enough time avoiding authority so she knew how to not get caught by them.

They had kept their word during the last year and stayed in touch with Natasha. Mostly through texts, letting her know that they were switching countries and that things were well.

Sometimes, if they deemed it safe, they would risk a call and instant relief would wash over them at hearing Natasha's familiar voice, usually accompanied by Sam and Steve in the background.

Once or twice, they had even dared to meet up. It had gone without trouble, but they knew they couldn't risk it too often, or they would risk getting caught.

With all five of them being fugitives, they couldn't be too careful.

Keira had even made sure to give Maria a call, who had nearly broken down at hearing the mutant's voice again after such a long time. Because while Maria had signed the Accords to keep her job at SHIELD, she didn't believe in them.

She saw past the façade and knew that it was just a way to keep track of any enhanced individuals, anything beyond that was just a political pipedream.

To both Keira and Wanda's surprise, Vision had reached out to them as well. When he had suggested that they should meet up, they had been a bit reluctant to the idea, considering that they had been on different sides with the Accords.

But Vision insisted that he turned his tracker off and that nobody would follow him to their hideout, and when the first visit went smoothly, they decided to trust the synthezoid. It was actually Vision that they saw the most of, out of their friends.