Chapter 56 - A Pinch Of Paprika

"Wan..." Keira groaned, pulling the collar of her t-shirt down as she looked in the mirror. "You're a menace sometimes, you know that, right?" She gently scolded, throwing a glare at the brunette laying on the bed.

Wanda, who was lying on her stomach, just shrugged her shoulders. "You can't even see it when you got clothes on. What are you complaining about?" She said innocently, turning around so she laid on her back, her head hanging off the side of the bed so that her hair was touching the floor.

Keira merely rolled her eyes and strolled over to the brunette. She kneeled down and gently cupped Wanda's cheeks before pressing an upside-down kiss to her lips. "You're lucky it's not in a more visible spot. Ever heard of the word 'sorry'?" She whispered against her lips. The hickey on her neck was just covered by her t-shirt, but if she wore something a little bit more low-cut, it would stick out like a sore thumb.

"I couldn't help myself, you're irresistible. And to answer your question; no, I haven't. Is that another word you've made up?" Wanda smiled, pulling Keira back down when the blonde stood up to leave. It was nice, to have a playful atmosphere around them despite not having done anything serious yet. Rolling over on her stomach again, she cupped the blonde's cheeks and leaned their foreheads together. "I'm happy I got you with me through all this." She confessed quietly as she closed her eyes.

Feeling her heart lighten at the simple words, Keira placed a gentle peck on Wanda's lips. "I'm happy I got you too." She whispered, just relishing in the soft moment. Something in the pit of her stomach told her that there wouldn't be many of those around in the near future. "But, if you don't let me go, I can't train, which my body sorely needs after these days of tension."

"You could just ask for a massage, you know." Wanda smirked, dragging a laugh from the blonde's lips.

"Maybe afterward, солнце." Keira couldn't help but gaze in wonder at the woman in front of her. How did she ever get that lucky? Her smooth skin and her sharp cheekbones were enough to bring Keira to her knees. Her lips were like a drug, constantly pulling her in and she would happily drown in those emerald eyes any day of the week.

Wanda jutted her lower lip and reluctantly let go of the blonde. "Fine, but you owe me dinner!" She called as Keira left the room, only receiving a dismissive wave in return.

Keira smiled to herself, her brain already coming up with what meal she would cook for the brunette. But first, she needed to get some excess energy out. And her victim would probably be a poor punching bag or something else in the gym.

After having changed into her training clothes, she made her way down to the training room. While stepping down the stairs, she glanced out of the big windows and couldn't help the sigh that escaped her lips.

What the hell was she supposed to do? She didn't want her family to split up but the wedge in the team had already been driven in too deep. And while she didn't agree with the Accords, not in the slightest, Natasha's words kept echoing inside her head.

"Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

Yeah, but at what cost? Did Natasha really expect her to just roll on her back and show her stomach just because the government was afraid of her and her kin? Hanging her head and slumping her shoulders, she pushed the door to the gym open. By some mysterious luck, it was almost empty so she wouldn't be disturbed.

Putting her AirPods in, she turned up the volume so she couldn't hear anything else but the music beating in her ears. For a moment, she pursed her lips in thought, considering whether or not she should bandage her hands but after a second, she shook her head.

No, she needed to feel something else except the torture going on inside of her own head.

It didn't take long until sweat was pearling on her forehead and her chest was heaving. She didn't even feel it when the skin on her knuckles cracked open and they started to bleed. With every swing at the bag, her punches became harder and harder.