Chapter 64 - Harmony Interrupted

2018

"Thank you so much for your help, Angus." Wanda smiled brightly at the man behind the reception desk. With the folder safely in her hand, she couldn't help the excitement that was brewing in the pit of her stomach.

Considering Keira's love for horror movies and shows, what could be better than to take a tour through the Edinburgh Vaults to listen to old ghost stories?

"Always happy to help. And we're happy that you trust us. Arthur wouldn't shut up about Keira after he got to know her back in 2012." Angus laughed as he brushed his fingers through his ginger hair so he could put it up in a ponytail. He really needed a haircut, but the last couple of weeks' excitement of housing two ex-Avengers had overshadowed such a futile thing.

"She is a special one, that's for sure." Wanda nodded in agreement. "And again, thank you for letting us stay here. We appreciate it more than you know." It was lucky for them that Keira had gotten to know Arthur during the cleanup after the Chitauri attack in New York, or they might've been without housing right now.

But thanks to Arthur and his relatives, they could instead have a comfortable stay at the hotel.

Despite the whole mess with the Accords, Arthur had supported Keira's point of view, and so had his family. And they were kind enough to fake an English accent so Keira and Wanda could understand them easily.

Because if they were being honest, Scottish just sounded like jibberish to them.

"The honor is all ours. Truly. Now, better get up there and present her with the surprise." Angus gestured towards the elevator, smiling broadly as he did so.

Wanda waved to him in goodbye as the elevator doors closed, waiting impatiently for the lift to ding to a halt. When it finally did, she nearly stumbled out in excitement and swiped the card that unlocked the door to their suite.

Another perk of knowing the owners, they got the best room that the hotel could offer.

The sound of a guitar reached her ears and Wanda stopped in her tracks to listen. With slow movements, to not make a sound, she shrugged off her coat while holding on to the folder.

Following the sound of music to their bedroom, a soft smile adorned her face when her eyes landed on Keira.

The mutant was sitting with her back to the door, slightly hunched over the guitar as she strummed the strings. Sunlight shone softly into the room through the curtains and she was playing a slow tune, matching the weather quite perfectly.

"You're my flame in the dark. I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe." Keira hummed quietly, swaying slightly in pace with the music she played. "Break my bones, shatter my heart. As long as you're the one for me." She continued to play the guitar but she fell silent, sighing in frustration as she couldn't figure out the right lyrics for the song.

If only she could be good with her words so she could explain just how much Wanda truly meant to her.

Wanda slowly crept into the room and climbed up on the bed, carefully laying the folder down. Clasping her hands together over Keira's stomach, she pressed a light kiss to the blonde's neck. It made her beyond happy that Keira was relaxed enough to play again.

While walking through the Scottish countryside, they had spotted the guitar at a small yard sale and Wanda had immediately made a bid for it, remembering how much she used to love hearing Keira play back at the compound.

It had stayed completely untouched for the first week or so though.

Their escape from Iceland had been a turbulent one and it had taken Keira a while to calm down from that, which was understandable. Piloting a private plane while people are shooting at you is something that most people would categorize as stressful.