30

"For how long are you going to run away from me?" Ayat asked

"For as long as I will not face you" Adeel replied.

This is the game they have been playing for so long. Adeel doesn't want to look at her because whenever he set his eyes in her eyes, he feel guilty of all the things he did to her.

"I feel ashame to face you." He said.

"You know what?" She asked.

"We never have control over our lives nor do we have any plan of all the things that will happen to us."

"We're just living with no destination in mind but you see this life is good, life is bad, life is simple, life is complicated, life is everything you see in this world and we have no choice than to live with how life want to treat us."

"We all have past we don't want to remember, memories we don't want to forget, pages we don't want to ever remember but then we have to live for ourselves despite all what we've been facing in life."

"You see, I want to know who I am, what I want, the people I want to spend time with but I'm yet to understand myself not to talk of choosing things for myself but I have to live as long as I'm breathing on earth."

"We learn to forgive in life and we also learn to never forget that's the rule for living a simple life" Ayat said to Adeel.

"Are you not angry?" Adeel asked.

"Whether I'm angry or not it doesn't matter but what matters is for me to learn how to live with the pain, learn how to heal from it even if I will not heal completely and maybe just maybe be happy in my life." Ayat said.

"I'm sorry "Adeel said.

Ayat only smiled because she has forgiven him a long time ago.

"Do you want me to forgive you?" She asked.

"Yes please" He said.

"Will you do anything I ask from you?" She asked.

"I will as long as it will make you forgive me" Adeel said.

"Marry Layla" Ayat said

"Marry Layla!" Adeel reacted

"Marry Layla!!"

"You mean I should marry layla."

Adeel repeated her words severally because he was too numb to digest anything.

"No I can't do that. I can't marry her. Wait! Why willl you ask me to do this after all what she did?"

"It's okay but don't ask me to forgive you either" Ayat said and was about to leave when he called her.

He can't just lost her again after she come back to his life.

"Are you serious?" He asked

"Do I look like I'm joking" She said

And when Adeel look into her eyes there is nothing like she is joking.

This is his Arfa, the Arfa he knew since childhood, the no nonsense woman who never take any shit.

"Why Layla?" That was all his lips can utter.

"Well even before I came back into your life. Layla was there and she loved you. She love you Adeel because I can see the love she has for you and you can't deny this fact because you know the truth. You're just running away from it."

"Yeah! I know that she is not perfect, You're  not perfect but together you will make your imperfections to perfections"

"Don't forget that anytime we tried to do it alone, we always fail. Disappointing ourselves, thinking we will never make it. But the lucky ones among us, turn to our Lord, pouring their heart to him."

"A loved one to rely on, a listener to hear us, a protector to protect us, a guider that always guides us and at the end of the hardship, we make it because he is always there to hold our throbbing hands."

"So tell me why will you not forgive her for all what she did?."

"She is not the layla you know before. She is now a changed person who life take a toil on her and she only want someone she can rely on and start a new life with but she can't do it alone."

"Adeel me and you are never a thing to begin with. But you and her are made for each other, meant to be as they call it. She just want you to hold her hands and make her life be something she will appreciate to live with."

"Don't look at her as the layla you knew but the Layla that never gets a mother's love and a lady who was leading a dirty life as per the teaching of her father and now a broken girl who want to start from the root but she can't do it alone. She need help Adeel."

"I won't force you into this, I will respect whatever your decision is but don't make another mistake that will make you have a hurtful regret in the future."

"She want someone that will hold her hands and show her the way Arif"

Adeel turned and look at Ayat when she called his name. It has been decades since he heard her calling him with the name and he felt like shedding tears because he thought he will never hear her calling him with the name again.

"I'm just a friend who is always there to advice you but the decision will always be yours to make. I just hope you will make the right decision before its too late." Ayat said and left.

She left him in the ocean of thought with no answers to what she said but some part of him are telling him that she is telling the truth but the other part is telling him not to agree with what she said.

But these days he always find himself attracted to her and he don't know why.

He felt good whenever he saw her figure even if it is from afar and when she cried a part of him also felt bad.

And the day they met at the garden when she want to tell him about Ayat. Adeel found a peace of mind he has not gotten since Ayat was kidnapped.

He enjoyed her company. H enjoy her peace, her presence and the way she ask him to help her look for her mum. He was willing to help her with no second thought.

Adeel smiled when he saw Layla smiling with her mother and he always look forward to see that smile since that day.

Could Ayat be telling the truth?.

Is she telling him the truth?.

Adeel want to find the whole truth before he say yes to what Ayat want from him.

KILLIN WE'RE ALMOST CLOSE TO SAYING GOODBYE TO THIS BOOK.

YOUR COMMENTS IS HIGHLY NEEDED PLEASE.

TELL A FRIEND TO TELL A FRIEND AND LET'S KEEP ON SHARING THE LOVE PLEASE.

AND BOOK TWO OF HIS HEART BEAT FOR HER ❤ WILL SOON BE ON ITS WAY 💃💃💃💃

KINDLY DON'T FORGET TO

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

AND FOLLOW

IG : EESHA_SPEAKS

WITH LOVE AEESHA_AHMAD ❤