3.

"Oh you people, believe in divine destiny(qadr)both the good and
the bad".

Her room was not small and not too big for a single person. There was a small bed and a shelf at the left side of the room where she arranged her  books.

A table where she read, she have a good taste for reading that was why he brought books for her from different countries and states he travelled to.

Ayat had forgetten when last she read a book but because of how she kept on thinking of her father she decided to read to keep her mind off things.

She decided to read faceless by Amma Darko, the book was all about  the phenomenon of a street child in cities across the world, especially in developing countries, the street continued to grow into a formidable challenge, not only for the government and city planners but also for social workers, civil rights and human right activist.

The emergence and growth of cities, with the corresponding but unfortunate growth in social division and lack of economic opportunities, have led to the rise of phenomenon in many African cities.

The development of cities or what is lately often referred to as an "urban renewal," at the expense of rural areas continues to draw people away from their rural abode to town and cites where social amenities, educational and economic opportunities are believed to be available for grab.

With the cosiquent overpopulation and the depletion of the perceived opportunities, the new comers and old city dwellers struggle for survival.

In Africa where the position of women is still culturally subordinating and largely economically dependent, the wife and her children become quintessential victims of a merciless city life under the control of some powerful but often faceless men.

For other men who are not adding enough or find themselves victims of circumstances or others action, they take out their frustration on their wives.

In more extreme cases, they stealthily or dubiously abandon their wives and children as well as take on a vagabond and irresponsible lifestyle.

There is a surge in the number of street children increase in delinquent and criminal activities by the otherwise innocent children.

These children in their large and excessive number became prawns and materials for exploitation by adult who lacked scruples and conscience both within and outside family circles.

These children appear doomed without appropriate intervention. It is against this background that Amma Darko sets her novel, faceless.

She was half done reading the book when the adhan for prayer was called. 

Ayat went to perform ablution and prayed, she elongate her sujoood asking As-sami to have mercy on her father's soul and shade light upon his grave.

She finished folding her prayer mat and decide to take a nap, that was when Hanaa came in and told her that Mami was calling her.

Ayat picked her long silk maroon hijab and went to Mami, entered the room with salam and they answered.

That was when she saw Hanaa and Asm'a sitting close to Mami.

She found a spot and also sat down.

Mami was dressed in a simple boubou with touches of golden and green. Her face was pale.

she lacked sleep and from mere looking at her, you would notice her swollen red eyes which defines that she had been crying for her late husband.

But she had to be strong for them.