2.

"Everyone shall taste the death-then unto us you shall be returned"
     (Qur'an chapter 29,Verse 57)

It's been exactly three days and Ayat hasn't woken up, and exactly three days since the departure of their father.

She try to move her body, but all her efforts prove to be in vain. Her head hurts too much, her body hurts too much. It seems everything hurts too much.

Slowly her senses start to send reports back to her brain. She keep her eyes closed, not because shs don’t want to see where she is, but she know it would hurt too much to open them.

She yell and scream in pain, but it’s like no one is hearing her. She try to move her fingers, and suddenly she open her eyes. The moment she open her eyes, she realize she is on a bed that is actually not her own.

She stare at the white celling trying to recall what happened to her, when realiazation hit her. She's  on a hospital bed with an I.V attached to her left hand, and next to her is some beeping machine.

One of which she know is the heart monitor. She don't know for how long she stayed in this hospital, but all she can remember before she lost her conscience is, she lost her father.

They  lost the pillar that always encourages them both in their bad and good times. The door opens revealing a worried looking Mami, Hana, and Asm'a.

Mami sits at the edge of the bed while Asm'a and Hanaa stand close to where Mami is sitted. The room is in silence, no one says anything until mami breaks the silence.

“Ayat," Mami called.

“Hmmm” She answered.

“I want you to accept what has befallen us, your dad has returned to his creator, all he needs now are our prayers." Mami said.

Ayat keep her eyes shut, not letting her ears accept what she is saying, but she know that she is telling the truth.

Abba will never come back!

The room stays in silence again. No one says anything and she is glad they didn't utter anything. All she want now is to lock herself and be alone.

Death is something that everyone is afraid of, because it separates you from your loved ones. She don't know what she is feeling now because everything hurts.

She just can't put it into place that he is no more.

Is this how people feel when they miss someone very close to them?

When everyday they see that person but one day he will just disappear as if he never existed in this world. By Allah it hurts so much, everything hurts.

She will not wake up and see Abba again, she will not see the person that taught them  to love and be loved, again. A person that always gave them a shoulder to cry on is no more.

Ayat wish it was all a dream.

But the truth is that they  lost their father when they needed him the most. She stare at their father's picture for the last time, tears cascading down her cheeks.