Ch.14

(I finished this chapter early so yeah I decided to publish rn)

After the match was finished I quickly left saying I had to go rest

And the rebound I faced...let's say it hurt so much that I knocked out on the spot...I then took a note never use that technique until this body grows

But even in my sleep I can hear my parents argue

Mom: "you just got back after we all thought you were dead and now you're saying you want to get yourself killed out there?! No! Nope! Over my dead body!"

Eleanor:"Mama, don't be mad! No mad!"

Dad: "honey, I'm not saying I agree with Arthur becoming an adventurer but let's hear him out at least"

Mom: "how can you say that after everything we went through to get here?! You understand right?"

Dad: "honey..."

Art: "I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon, mom I was actually looking forward to spending a few months at home with everyone."

I got to say...being a adventurer does sound like a good way to pass the time and get this body a tad bit stronger

Art: "I know I just got here, but after staying in the elf kingdom for over 3 years, I feel like I missed so much of sapin and the rest of dicathen. I want to experience the excitement you and dad did back when you two were adventurers"

That right there is a heart winning sentence...just bring up the past. I got to say though I wonder how different my past life would have been I was just back in time. Damn...I would probably be the most cunning kid alive

Dad: "I know where you're coming from art I really do. Even when i was itching to experience the adventuring life when I awakened as a teenager. But your mother is right to worry. No matter how prepared and strong you think you are, the life of an adventurer is dangerous and unpredictable"

Art: "...what if I were to have some sort of guard or supervisor with me?"

Mom: "even then..."

Dad: "hey...that's not a bad idea! But who would be a good..."

Mom then grabbed dad by the neck for even thinking about it

Mom: "no! I can't believe you're even considering it! I will not let you send my son away for another 3 years!"

And after that my mind ran out of juice and I blacked out to hear the rest but reading arts mind I guess he won the argument

In the morning when then had breakfast

Mom: "no one's going to steal your food"

Dad: "I'm just happy to be enjoying a meal without being rushed for work!"

Vincent: "wait, aren't you going to the auction house later today to show some of the new recruits around?"

Dad: "that's just an excuse to hold a welcoming party after!l

Vincent: "so that's where those ridiculous meal expenses are coming from!"

Lilia: "so embarrassing"

I don't think she understands how good it is to have free time during work. From my past life when I was working let me tell you those breaks were a blessing

Art: "what do you guys have planned today?"

Tabitha: "your mother and I have to run som errands around town to prepare for an upcoming helstea auction house. We're taking your sister and Lilia, if you want to come as well"

Art: "I think I'll stay behind today. Thank you though"

Tabitha: "Seth?"

Seth: "no thank you I have things to do as well"

Vincent: "anyways did you guys settle about what art and Seth are going to do?"

Mom: "we agreed to let art become an adventurer under certain conditions and if Seth as well if he joins"

Tabitha: "oh what conditions?"

Dad: "first they will wait after their birthday in 3 months. Second he'll have a guard on them at all times during missions. And third they will have to visit at least once every two months. And besides that they smart enough to manage the rest on their own...I think"

Dad then looked at us fighting Sylvie for the meat she stole from us

Vincent: "that's all fine and dandy but do you have anyone in mind for who will be Arthur and Seth guard will be? Heck is there even a guard capable to guard art and image if they have to guard both art and Seth"

Seth: "dad why don't you chose a group that you know-"
Dad: "that's it! The twin horns will be coming around after a dungeon expedition soon! I got a letter from the adventurers guild that said they'll be back in two months! We can have one of them go with Seth and Arthur!"

Mom: "that's actually a pretty actually a pretty good idea"

Dad: "h-honey can you not look so surprised that I have a good idea?

Hm art seems pretty excited to be with the twin horns...but I'm more excited to finally get this body stronger...but even if I did I'm still limited by this mana core. I would destroy it but I'm worried that I would lose all my powers so it's best not to risk it so the best choice is to get it stronger

(Chapter end)