Ch.1 S.6

As we both exited the tunnel we saw grey getting ready for to head to the next location

Regis: "my-my~ look how quickly both of your relationships improved~"

Grey then let out a small smile and caera then looked away and towards the ground still remembering how she clung to me. But I stood there without a hint of expression on my face

Regis: "I'm guessing by the reaction you guys did something mor—"

Grey: "enough let get going"

Regis: "right princess"

The exit portal was hours from the den, and the rest of the journey through the empty zone was uneventful. The only thing interesting was the environment around us

Grey: "You should get some rest before we go through," I said as we finally reached the exit. "It's been a while since you slept." Grey said towards caera

Caera: "I'm okay.."

By the tone of her voice it was clear to everyone that she just wanted to leave this zone and move to the next.

Grey then activated the Compass, and Caera stepped through first as I stepped in last. The zone beyond was thick with dust that hung in the air, making it difficult to see for a second before my eyes adjusted

But as my view already adjusted it would seem people have already started attacking us as I saw caera already fighting.

It was a small group and already know art he would probably like it if I left one alive. But still it sucks I can still feel the kings eyes watching my back so it would probably be better to save some of my cards.

Satan: "geundoowun strike all but one" I commanded as lightning strikes hit all of the attackers except for one.

Regis: {"wow...it's crazy that if he came sooner most of the issues we have would be solved easily"} Regis said telepathy to grey

Caera's opponent growled in bestial rage as their blades clashed, a sound that cut off in wet gurgling as her sword plunged through his chest.

Grey then dug his heel into the last mage's bloody wound, ignoring his desperate attempt at defending himself with a shroud of fire.

"Why did you attack us?" Grey asked evenly, leaning down to meet his eye.

"Kage's o-orders!" the man yelled out, his dirt-caked face contorted in pain. "Please, we're just doing what we were told!"

Grey then tilted his head, raising a brow. "Am I supposed to be familiar with that name?"

Our leader," he panted, his panicked eyes trained on the blood gushing from his wound. "Any...anyone who steps through that portal belongs to him."

Caera had knelt down to check on the man I'd impaled with his own spearhead, but now she stood up and leveled a fierce glare at the surviving ascender. "Why would any ascender 'belong' to him?"

I then walked over to the man and in stomp my foot tore apart his leg causing him to scream in pain

Satan: "you got 3 seconds before the other leg."

The mage was panting, his eyes losing focus. Gauging by the bloody mud pooled beneath him, he didn't have much longer. "The relic needs blood," he said. "So we...we—"

A stone spike erupted from the floor and impaled him through the chest, spraying blood across Caera's face.

I then turned away from the dead guy and saw a dozen more ascenders huddled together farther down the tunnel. One man stood at the forefront of the group. He was as dirty as the rest of them, but under the layers of filth, I could see a network of scars criss-crossing his face, arms, and hands. His hair was a fine stubble that looked like it had been shaved with a dagger instead of a razor, and a knotted blond beard covered his face. He wore a mismatched suit of armor that looked like it had been scavenged from a dozen different sources.

"Would you care to tell us what the hell is happening in this zone?" Caera asked as she calmly wiped the blood off her face with a handkerchief.

"Hell is the appropriate word," the scarred ascender drawled, grinning. He was missing more than one tooth, and those that remained were filed to sharp points. "You've reached the very bowels of the Relictombs, where ascenders come to die."

Satan: {"art this guys are nothing more then paper weights,"} I said telepathy to art

Grey: {"yeah I know. But we can't kill them since we need info about this zone."}

Satan: *sigh* {"you never change. But once you do find your info I'm killing all of the people in this zone."}

Grey: {"why? Is because they attacked you girlfriend?"} art teased

Satan: "I don't know what you are saying but I have a different reason. Their aura just pisses me off because they remind me of someone I hate."}

(Chapter end)