Ch.9 S.6

After that little incident grey managed to get the relic and we were walking towards the portal with grey and caera following my lead since I'm the only one who knows my way around.

Using my eyes I could see through all the walls and could see the portal but it would take a few minutes with all the walls and turns.

Grey: "Seth can't you just break through the walls?"

Satan: "I could but I feel that would be disrespectful to people that made this place."

Grey: "you actually care??"

Satan: "you could say that. But you have to understand making things like this take dedication which I admire."

(Caera pov)

Shaking my head, I then turned towards and asked, "So? Are you going to check out the relic or are tattered rags a part of your new image now?"

He rolled his eyes, but activated his dimension rune and withdrew the relic.

I stifled a laugh as he held up the set of ancient heavy battlerobes. The gray-brown robes were much too long for him, and would drag behind him like a wedding gown. "Try it on, Grey," I said, unable to help myself. "Perhaps a pretty dress for the pretty princess will actually help you stay incognito..."

He ignored me as he investigated the robes, his fingers trailing along the rows of embroidered runes. The touch was gentle, a curious caress, and I could see his lips moving though he did not speak aloud. I knew he must be able to sense something from the robes, although I could feel only a small charge of mana within them, little more than the ring he wore on his finger.

Grey let the robes drape over one arm and pressed his hand down into the fabric. "I think..."

The battlerobes vanished, leaving behind a vague nimbus of purple light that faded away a moment after.

"What happened?" I asked, unsure if he had simply stored the robed away again, or activated some kind of aether-based ability that I couldn't sense.

The corners of his mouth twitching, Grey did something—a kind of mental flexing that pressed against the air around us and made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck—and the robes reappeared, now draped over his frame. He held his arms out to his sides, examining the effect.

Satan: "you look stupid"

He looked ridiculous I thought as well I opened my mouth to agree with Seth but froze. The robes were moving, the dry fabric rippling like muddy water, shrinking to fit his frame.

The brown-gray coloring darkened to a brilliant black, and the heavy fabric that hung down to drag on the ground separated and reformed into individual legs. The relic—no longer a robe at all—continued to tighten until it fit Grey like a second skin. The material hardened into small, liquid-black scales that clung to his body, highlighting his lithe but muscular frame. Gold glittered between the scales, running along the length of his body like shining tendons.

Scaled sabatons molded around his boots, the overlapping blades held together by a gold mesh, just barely visible when he moved, and ridged pauldrons formed to cover his shoulders. Clawed gauntlets grew over his hands and up his forearms.

The robe's cowl transformed into the same black scales, but shrank to cover Grey's throat, chin, and the sides of his head, leaving his bright hair to hang over the void-black armor and keeping his face visible. Just as I thought the transformation was complete, obsidian horns formed over his ears, growing out of the armor and sweeping forward and down to frame his jaw.

Satan: "how are you going to move in that?"

Grey: "it actually feels pretty light. And it doesn't seem to hinder me in any kind of way." Grey answered

(Satan pov)

As art was checking out his armor Regis then bursted out of art to check it out for himself

"Whoa," Regis's familiar voice said as he walked in circles around art looking at his armor. "What the hell happened while I was asleep?"

It was then Regis noticed the horns on top of arts head as he had the armor he gained a set of horn which made Regis eyes widen with stars in them as he thought of something to say

"Ayy! Matching horns!" Regis gave a throaty chuckle. "We can be the horny trio."

Caera sputtered as she glowered at my companion. "We're not calling ourselves that."

["should I even show them my horns?"] I thought to myself but decided not to I feel that it would just be them being annoying all day.

Regis circled art while sniffing him. "It's there, real and physical, but also..."

"A manifestation of aether," Art finished for him. "Like energy bound into a physical form." Curious Art thought as he held out his held arm. "Regis, bite me."

Showing a worrying lack of hesitation, regis bit down on art forearm, his teeth grinding against the armor. He felt it the pressure, obvious but painless. Tilting his head at his companion, Art goaded, "Is that all you got?"

Satan: "my turn" I said as I quickly grabbed arts arm and gripped tight enough where I heard his bones in his arm crack to which I relaxed after and let go of his arm

Grey: "there was no need for you to step in like that" art said causally as his arm healed back to normal

Caera: "how are you so calm with your arm being broken" caera said not understanding how or why we act so causal over breaking arms

(Chapter end)