Ch.11 S.6

(Art pov)

Still in a clash I asked her again, "look I heard you first time but my brother is human and so are you...well before. But—"

She then overwhelmed me and pinned me against the wall as her face got my angry and yet sad at the same time, "you don't know a thing. That thing is not a human he is demon wearing human clothing! Your brother died a long time ago I bet he's just wearing his skin!!"

Grey: "I doubt my brother would ever lose to anyone but whatever you mean about him being someone else is wrong because I know that's my brother." I argued back

I then used my god step to get behind her and threw and strong right hook to her head but she managed to block. She then grabbed my arm and kicked my foot to flip my on my back as she summoned her blades and was about to stab me while I was on the ground.

Before she got close I stood up as quickly as possible and tried to grab her wrist but only managed to stop one while her other arm managed to stab deep into my shoulder

She then tried to get the other one into my shoulder but I was slowly overpowering her. She then took a deep breath before speaking again, "tell have you seen your brother do stuff that would seem impossible with mana or aether." She asked calmly

Grey: "he's been doing stuff unimaginable since the moment me and him were just kids." I answered

djinn: "that doesn't make sense.."

As she was long in thought for that split second I kicked her off me resetting us back to square one again giving me enough space to recover as she quickly snapped back into the fight.

Djinn: "you know let's put history behind us for a second I forgot this is a trial to help you not for past events."

Grey: "you are right let's continue"

My dagger formed as took a deep breath, its edge jagged and lacking substance.

She eyed it with distaste. "Strike me."

I didn't hesitate, lunging forward and feinting to the right. When her blade moved to intercept, I conjured a second dagger and thrust up into her ribs from the left.

Her sword came around to deflect both blows, and my aether blades collapsed. I caught her counterattack with my hand, then God Stepped behind her, but she was already rolling forward, her blade sweeping behind her to catch me if I followed after. It was a clean move, and impossibly fast.

She held up a hand before I could attack again. "Focus. You are trying to win, and perhaps you even could, but you should be trying to learn. Why does your weapon collapse whenever you use it?"

"Because I'm not strong enough to maintain such a complicated form," I answered honestly.

She frowned at me as though I were a foolish child. "Wrong. You are stronger than you should be. Stronger than me—at least, this remnant of me, contained with the memory crystal. And yet..."

A perfectly formed sword appeared in her right hand. Then a second in her left. Then a third, hovering just over her shoulder. And a fourth floating near her hip.

She glowered at me, and all four blades pointed at my face. "It is not power you lack. It is perspective. As a human, you have always been expected to build on what you already know. Crawl, walk, run, yes? To wield aether, you must forget that there are rules to things. Constraining yourself to a system that already exists around you only holds you back. Do not seek to walk or run. Ignore gravity and simply fly."

One of the flying blades hacked at my neck. I deflected with an aether blade of my own, but it shattered. The second flying sword swept across the side of my knee, while the two she held thrust at my chest and hip. Remembering Kordri's lessons, I fell into a defensive position and used short, rapid movements of both my hands and feet to intercept or avoid each attack, conjuring several aetheric daggers one after the next, each one evaporating under the strain of her attacks.