Ch.8 S.4

(Caera POV)

Caera: "what? No we don't have a fishing rod"

I then realized that I didn't say that in my head but strangely I didn't get a comment from Darrin nor Alaric. And as I turned to them...they were frozen And not only them but everything was frozen.

Caera: "I-is time stopped?!"

I then quickly turned to grey brother for a answer but he simply looked at me with the same bored expression.

Satan: "I stopped it not to long ago"

Ok...he has to be a asura there is no question! I know only the asura with the aether ability can stop time like this!

Satan: "I'm not a dragon"

Caera: "then what are you?!" I asked surprised as he read my thoughts.

Grey brother then pondered for some time to think of an answer to say to me but the longer it took the more I started to think I was on the dot.

Satan: ["should I say I'm a god? No she wouldn't believe it...maybe saying—no that wouldn't work..."]

Caera: "so—"

Satan: "I'm a normal human"

Caera, I then looked at him blankly not believe it: "me and you both know that's a lie"

Satan: "it's not really that far from the truth"

Caera: "so what? Are you a half a dragon?"

Satan: "if I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

Caera: "if there is evidence then I will believe you—"

Satan: "I'm human...look I don't have horns" he said as he pointed to the top of head as if proving something

I then sighed at the answer knowing that he would always push me away from the truth which honestly hurt...it kinda feels like no matter how I try to be friendly I would always be pushed from the truth.

It was then a certain idea popped in my head with time being stopped which also distracted me from my current thoughts

Caera: "hey? If you can stop time, why don't you just get your brother escape?" As I said that he then stopped floating and landed on the ground and walked towards Darrin and Alaric

Satan: "it wouldn't stop him from being hunted so just let time pass he will win the court case anyways. And if doesn't...which won't happen it's not like they have anything to use to kill him."

Caera: "I see...how do you know he will win for sure?"

Satan: "he will win because I walk this earth. And I think we used up most of our time talking"

Caera: "wait!"

Satan: "hm?"

Caera: "w-what's your name?"

He then thought for a second before nodding to himself

Satan: "one name I go by is...Seth"

Seth then vanished from my eyes as time then seemed to continue

As time continued I then remembered what I was going to ask the two in hopes for more information on grey. I knew I wasn't going to get anything about Seth from Alaric since  he doesn't know his other nephew is alive yet.

Caera: "Alaric I wa—"

but at that moment Corbett strode back into the receiving room gathering all of our attention, with Lady Lenora at his side, her arm lightly tucked into his.