Ch.14 S.4

(Arthur/Grey POV)

My eyes then slowly closed with my body also going numb...

The sound of a crowd chanting came from all around me, like the noise of waves crashing against a cliff face; It was distant and muffled, like I was hearing it from a very long way off.

Slowly opening my eyes, I looked around. I was standing on a square dueling platform, surrounded by stands filled with familiar faces: Claire Bladeheart and the rest of the Disciplinary Committee, the Lances, Jasmine and the Twin Horns, Virion, the kings and queens of Dicathen's Council, the elders who trained me in the four elements, Lady Vera, Headmaster Wilbeck, Caera, Ellie, with Sylvie's little white fox form on her lap, my mother...my father.

Someone else was on the dueling platform too: Cecilia. She held out a hand, and a dual-bladed sword shimmered to life in her fist, a beam of hot white light that hummed with deadly energy.

I gave Cecilia a low bow, but she only glowered back at me before lunging across the platform, her weapon leaving a trail of light in the air. I lifted Dawn's Ballad to block the attack, but the teal blade shattered in my hand, and I felt white hot pain as Cecilia's weapon bit deep into my shoulder.

For a moment, we were face to face, her turquoise eyes blazing malevolently.

She yanked the blade from my shoulder and spun, driving the other end toward my stomach. I looked for the aetheric pathways to God Step out of the way, but there was nothing.

The blade sunk into my stomach and burst out my back.

Behind Cecilia, someone was running down a long tunnel toward us. Although he seemed miles away, I met Nico's eyes, blind with hatred, twisted by fear, and felt a thick layer of ice grow over my heart, and the cold detachment I'd learned as King Grey spread from it.

Cecilia jerked her blade free and twirled it around, a gold-green light emanating outward, staining the edges of my vision and shining off the frozen faces in the audience. A beam of pure light lifted her off the dueling platform, her blade pointed at my chest like a lance, then she streaked toward me.

The scene froze. Standing, I clenched my fist, holding in it Dawn's Ballad, the translucent teal blade, now whole again, refracting the light and sending green-blue beams dancing across the dueling platform. In the distance, Nico was still running toward us, the only thing moving besides me.

And history repeats...

Cecilia was moving again, crashing down on me like a comet. When our blades clashed, a shockwave rippled outward, obliterating the platform, the stands, the arena, and wiping away the audience—all those familiar faces from both my lives—in a cloud of dust.

My blade was blazing with violent amethyst light from where it had run through Cecilia's chest. But it was Tess, not Cecilia, who slumped forward, her body falling into me, her life's blood rushing out over my hands, quickly staining the dueling platform red.

My mouth fell open to gasp out...something—anything—but the words were stuck in my throat, as if a giant hand had wrapped around my neck and was choking me. All I could do was watch, paralyzed, as the light faded from her eyes.
.
.
.

And then everything went black. I was then confused as I was now in a black void but with a small table and chair near me. It was then I notice the infinite mirrors going out in every direction.

I was then shocked to my core as the mirrors then showed Tess...dying in each and every one. Some even terrible then the last but I couldn't see who was killing her. But there was only one mirror that caught my eye and it was one where she was alive. But she was different...

She had a weird look to her with a unnatural red eye. But it was then all the mirrors broke and a door then appeared and without my own control of my body I then went through the door just to find the same thing.

This time though it was my father...every room was the same next my mother, Elijah, jasmine, all the twin horns, Eli, the Helstea Family, virion, Glayder Family, Feyfey, Cynthia, Gideon, and lastly Sylvie...each one had terrible deaths and each one had one mirror where they lived but with that damn unnatural red eye that gave me chills.

But this last door was...different it was a white door with a white glow at the bottom that was different then all the black voids of a room I was in.

I then opened the door curiously and was met with a large white void and in front of me was someone a little shorter then me with white grey hair and red eyes that could go through the soul...Seth

But it was strange I couldn't move and tears ran down my face and in a instant giant red wings expanded from him and his body then turned to dust. And red rain drops came down.

And in a single blink my family and friends appeared making me forget Seth but as I was going to run up to them until they all looked at me weirdly?

Mom/dad: "who are you?"

Tess: "are you lost?"

I then looked confused at their comments. I then tried to speak but no words came out. I then noticed a small lake next to me and looked at my reflection just to see my old self from my past life...grey

It was then when I turned around to look at my family I was met with me. The Arthur before me looked down on me and in a swift motion my head came off before I could react.
.
.
(To be continued on Sunday)