Ch.5 S.4

As the carriage was moving towards what ever location it was heading towards I simply hovered above invisible just listening to their conversation.

It was then we reached the location and watched in amusement as art was already planning ahead by giving Alaric his dimension ring.

It was all very entertaining as I saw art getting hit on the face and not filching. I don't think I would have let that happen though I would have killed him 2,000 times by now

Lord: "take this murderous dog to the cells!"

But as I was going to follow art I then noticed a strong presence almost like he was looking at me.

Satan: "ohhh. I see what game we are playing here~"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After art was locked up I showed myself to him which made him jump a bit

Art: "you're still following me? Go back home and help mom."

Satan: "no that would be a lot of crying and I rather have you there to share the burden"

Art: "that makes sense...But why don't you just end the war now fight and kill argona and the other asura's and stop all of this."

Satan: "I have two answers for that."

Grey: "and they are?"

Satan: "1st that's your battle not mine so I might as well help you get strong enough to fight and kill them yourself. The 2nd is I can't."

Grey: "they are stronger then you?"

Satan: "what? Hell no. I can't because of this chess game happening right now. If I make the first move I lose."

Grey: "what? What do you mean chess game?"

Satan: "you wouldn't get it. But I'm playing chess with someone who is very strong"

Grey: "so you can't help stop this whole mess because you don't want to lose a...chess game?"

Satan: "well it's a very interesting chess game. Right now his subordinates two of them died to one of my clones so I have the lead. Though even without meeting each other we already have some rules set up"

Grey, the most deadpanned expression: "you got to be kidding me"

Regis: {"I don't know princess it does sound interesting"}

Grey: {"quiet!"}

Satan: "well see you tomorrow"

(Art POV)

In a second Satan vanished and I then left with my thoughts

Regis, deepening his voice to mimic Taegan.: {"What now, effeminate one?"}

I let out a scoff while rummaging through my dimension rune. First I need to make sure Ellie is okay.

I pulled out the cracked relic, but it was still dull, and it didn't react when I probed it lightly with aether.

Regis: {"Is it broken?"}

I could sense him attempting to be consoling. Although I wasn't in the mood for pity, I couldn't prevent his emotions from seeping into me, and it helped to ease my mind.

Grey: {"Maybe..."}

I reached for the godrune that channeled Aroa's Requiem. Swirling violet motes of aether danced along my skin and over the relic, concentrating into the small crack before fading away. The crack was still there, and the stone still dull and lifeless.

My hopes fell for a moment, but I steeled myself against the disappointment. Focusing on the aether in the air—which was much less than in the deeper zones—I examined the relic carefully. The aether was drifting slowly closer to the relic, where it congregated around the crack and, I saw with surprise, was eventually drawn inside it.