Ch.7 S.6

(Art pov)

Well then?" Caera asked, maneuvering between us. "Your camp?"

"Guests first," Kage said, gesturing down the tunnel like a doorman welcoming us into Alacrya's finest inn. His men split apart, leaving a narrow space for Caera, Seth and me to walk through

'Is just killing everyone and everything that comes our way starting to bore you?' Regis asked. 'What's with the meek and fragile act?'

Just stay inside and keep your eyes open, I snapped.

'Fine,' he grumbled.

The zone was made up entirely of earthen tunnels, like I had seen in the false memory. They twisted and turned continuously, like some giant worm had eaten through the ground here, leaving a maze of paths behind. Veins of some red hot stone broke through the dirt in places, shedding rusty light through the tunnels.

Occasionally a thick vine or root would protrude from the tunnel wall, and Kage was quick to direct us around them. "I'd avoid the stranglers. Doubt I need to explain the name."

As we walked, turning this way and that so regularly that I struggled to maintain a sense of where we were, Kage continued to speak. "It's a war you've found yourself in, friends. Chaos and bloodshed as ascender turns on ascender for a chance at a real, honest-to-Vritra relic. Even if we could leave, most wouldn't. Not with that kind of prize on the line."

"There must be more to it than that," Caera said. "Ascenders are not wild animals."

"Was worse when I got here," Kage said proudly. "A total bloodbath, every man set on killing his way to the top."

"What happened when you arrived?" I asked, carefully moving around another large vine that was blocking half the tunnel.

Kage snorted in delight. "Exerted a little order, of course! Cracked enough skulls to p rove my strength, then made the rest of them stop killing each other. Forged a tribe, gave 'em purpose. We took control of the shrine, and from then on, I decided who lives and who dies."

I didn't miss the subtle threat in his tone as he said this.

"If you think about how fewer people have died since I got here, I'm actually a hero. A savior, not some butcher like you might be thinking."

I shot a glance behind us. Kage was nodding his head, smirking as if pleased with himself.

"How far out do these tunnels go?" Caera asked. "Is there an end?"

(Satan pov)

Everything here remind me of Ragnarok. The scent of dead body's and the corruption I can hear from each of their minds. But Kage was right there was some order in here but he didn't make the order he's just a pawn for their real leader.

While I was thinking to myself I didn't even notice we reached the main camp which was dirty and people starving.

I was then distracted by all the voices. I could hear that they were all suffering and were tired of being here. But one thought was different it was a person making plans and moves ahead it seems. When I saw who it was it was a skinny looking kid as I used my eyes to see him around the corner of a wall. It seems like that person is the leader which is weird since I thought maybe the leader would look a bit more stronger but all he's got is sound that paralyzes people.

I then shaken out of my thoughts as I was being dragged away to some part of the camp with grey and caera going two different ways.

Satan: "let go" I said to the two people dragging me away

Goon: "or what?" He shot back not thinking he was in any danger

Satan: "burn" I said as everyone around bursted into flames and started running around screaming

Caera and Kage then appeared a couple seconds later to see what was going on to which Kage was then shook before angrily rushing towards me

Kage: "YOU BITCH!!" He screamed before charging up for a attack

Kage then dropped to the floor with a cross on his chest and his heart in my hand before I burned his heart to ash and his body leaving nothing but ash

Caera: "why did you kill them so early? Will still needed information about this place you know." She said irritated

I then walked towards and patted her on her head before answering, "doesn't matter let's go and kill the rest and that other dude with grey"

Caera: "wait why him he's innocent?!"

Satan: "what do you mean? He's there leader?" I said looking at caera dumbly like she didn't figure it out sooner

Caera: "what proof do you have that he's the leader!"

Satan: "I just read everybody's thought?" I said innocently before caera punched on the top of my head.

(Chapter end)

Sorry for the break school started up again so I was pretty busy.