CHAPTER 5

In the post-modern kitchen, Xue Rong was full of panic.

"Xiao Wen, this is not good... How can you be allowed to cook on your first day here?"

"It's okay, Sister Xue, I often make this soup for my dad at home."

"You really don't need my help?" Xue Rong was amazed when she saw Wen Yuan skillfully chopping onions. She had previously heard that the pampered young master who was moving in was thinking that Wen Yuan would not be able to do housework at all, but she didn't expect his knife skills to be so good that he did not lose her profession at all.

"Just make a borsch, soon. Just help me get the beef and butter out of the fridge."

Xue Rong helped him take out the ingredients in the refrigerator, and watched Wen Yuan cut the meat neatly, start the fire, and heat the pot. She realized that she was over-hearted, smiled, and exited the kitchen.

Wen Yuan finished cutting the beef and was about to stir fry when a tall figure suddenly appeared at the door.

"what are you doing?"

The cold voice made Wen Yuan's heart quiver, the beef on the plate accidentally dropped into the frying pan, the hot oil splashed on the back of his hand, and Wen Yuan cried out "ah" in pain, realizing that Qi Jinran was looking at him. , suddenly felt ashamed.

Qi Jinran looked at him in a hurry, his handsome eyebrows seemed to be covered with a layer of ice, and his tone was impatient.

"Don't try to please me with these clumsy tricks, and I won't eat what you make."

After saying this, Qi Jinran turned around and returned to the bedroom with a cane.

That stupid look in the kitchen, you can't even fry beef, can you eat what you make?

Wen Yuan didn't know that Qi Jinran had already given him a negative score for his cooking skills. Although he was splashed with hot oil on the back of his hand and mocked by a man, he did not give up, but continued with the next steps. Put the raw beef on a plate, then reheat the pan with olive oil, add onion, tomato, and beetroot, stir fry, and finally add potato cubes, and then pour water to boil the soup.

In no time, the kitchen was filled with the rich aroma of food. Xue Rong walked in following the scent and saw a pot of bright red Borscht soup, her eyes lit up.

"Xiao Wen, will it be done so soon?"

"Well, just add some seasonings. Sister Xue, try the taste for me and see how it goes."

"OK."

Xue Rong took a spoon and filled a small bowl and tasted it. The soup was rich and delicious. The sweetness of the vegetables and the tenderness of the beef complemented each other. After one bite, the whole stomach was warmed. Xue Rong gave a thumbs up in admiration.

"Xiao Wen, I can't even make this taste! It's so delicious! I'll bring a bowl to the young master right away."

"No, he can't eat it. You can drink with the housekeeper. I'm going out soon, so I won't be eating at home."

In the afternoon, I'm going to help at the bakery. It's almost time now, and he doesn't have time for lunch. He'll just go to the store and eat a bento.

Seeing Wen Yuan hurriedly leaving with her bag on her back, Xue Rong felt a little distressed.

Before she was cleaning in the living room, she naturally heard what Qi Jinran said at the kitchen door. The young master is also true. Xiaowen moved in on the first day. If he didn't welcome him, he didn't even want to drink the borscht soup that he spent an hour making. It was too heartless.