CHAPTER 9

The room was silent.

Outside the house, the dark blue sky showed a hint of fish maw white, and a few cold stars were embedded in the distant sky.

"What are you doing here?"

In the warm room like spring, Qi Jinran's voice was exceptionally cold.

Wen Yuan had expected this scene long ago, so he didn't panic at all, and said cheekily: "I think Ding He is very tired, so I just want him to rest—"

"I paid him five thousand an hour, starting from the moment I walked into this villa. Do you think I spent so much money to invite him to rest?"

Wen Yuan choked for a moment, his cheeks flushed slightly, he grabbed the towel and left the bedroom in embarrassment.

Qi Jinran rang the bell to let Ding He in, and Ding He helped him with a full body check. The old wound on the man's right leg had subsided, and his body temperature had dropped, but he still had a low-grade fever.

"Mr. Qi, in fact, you don't need to say that Mr. Wen... He watched you by your bedside all night last night. He was really attentive."

Without Ding He saying it, Qi Jinran knew it too. In the second half of the night, when his burning was not so bad, he woke up in a daze once, and saw Wen Yuan sitting on the bedside, his head twitching little by little, and he was still muttering something in his mouth.

This guy is probably also complaining about him in his dreams, right?

The thought flashed through his mind, and then an indescribable complex emotion surged in his chest. Obviously, Wen Yuan was strangled by his neck and said harsh words that night, and he didn't reply to a single apology text message. Why did this stupid guy not learn his lesson and approach him?

Qi Jinran looked at the tall tree outside the window, and when she was in a trance, she suddenly heard a melodious guitar sound coming from the next door.

Ding He heard it too, he smiled slightly and looked at Qi Jinran.

"Mr. Qi, actually listening to music is also a way to relieve pain, or—"

"Noisy, no need."

Qi Jinran closed her eyes and simply rejected him.

Dinghe scratched his hair helplessly and left the room.

Although Wen Yuan didn't sleep much all night, he was very energetic. After practicing guitar, he went to the idle kitchen on the second floor to have a look, and was pleasantly surprised to find that all the ingredients he used for baking at home were delivered.

Madam Ye is still reliable.

With the tools and ingredients at hand, Wen Yuan couldn't take it easy and planned to make a European bag. Skillfully preparing the tools, making the dough, sprinkling yeast powder, kneading the dough repeatedly, watching the smooth dough take shape on the chopping board, an indescribable sense of satisfaction occupied Wen Yuan's heart.

Baking is the greatest joy in his life. Watching the dough in the oven slowly expand and turn into golden and fluffy bread, Wen Yuan felt particularly accomplished. It's a pity that his parents have a traditional diet and are not used to western pastries, so he has no chance to play. Now at Qi's house, he has time to focus on his hobbies.

The freshly baked bread exudes an enticing sweet smell, which Dinghyuk can smell on the first floor. Seeing Xue Rong carrying the plate down, he couldn't help laughing and said, "Sister Xue, when did you learn to cook pastry?"

"I don't know how to do it. It's all done by Xiao Wen. I've never seen such a clever boy."

Xue Rong was full of praise for Wen Yuan. With a smile on her face, she carried the European bag and hot milk into Qi Jinran's bedroom, and placed the knives and forks on the small dining table on the bed.