Chapter 9 - You should take a break

"Let me get this straight. He asked you out again?" I nod. "And he didn't text you the entire week."

"Yes, Lil. I've told you this a million times." I answer, rolling my eyes. We've been through this so many times that I don't understand why she's asking me again.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out what his deal is."

"What do you mean?" I frown.

"I mean, for starters, he's now hanging out with his parents at your weekly dinners or whatever. You know his type, he'd probably rather be partying."

"So?" I'm starting to get annoyed with where this conversation is going.

I have a feeling that I won't like what I'll hear.

"So nothing. I'm just curious to why he isn't hanging out with his friends, like he always does." She looks down at her tray, in deep thought.

"You're saying that he wants to go out with me because he doesn't have friends anymore?"

"That's not what I'm saying. We both know that if he's going out with you, it's because he wants to. Don't get mad at me." She puts her hands in the air, like she's defending herself.

"I'm not mad. It's just...'' What is it? ''I'm annoyed. His kiss is still on my mind."

She nods in understanding. She knows I'm still freaking out for not feeling a thing with Dylan's
kiss.

"You know what you have to do? Kiss him again. The next time you go out, you jump on his bones and kiss him deep, sexy, like—"

"Oh God, stop!" I cover my face with my hands, not wanting to see her demonstration of how I should kiss Dylan.

"Are you going out with him this weekend?"

"No, he has something at college, a party or whatever, so we made plans for next week."

Dylan texted me on Sunday and we spent God knows how long texting each other about random stuff. I confess I was giggling like an idiot.

It was great, because we were talking about him most of the time and I don't mind at all focusing on his things. Growing up I'd find any excuse to be included in his conversations and now it's just natural, so I can't complain.

Today he sent me a winky emoji in the morning, so we're definitely making progress. It's not an actual relationship, but I guess it's how it starts, right?

"So, last week you had lunch with Bennett?"

"Yeah, you were sick and he offered to sit with me, so what could I say?"

I won't tell her that I actually had a nice time with the other West brother, because she would have a field day. It's obvious that she's much fonder of Bennett than she is of Dylan, that I don't want to add wood to the fire of her crazy thoughts.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. I'm not saying anything." She says, playing the innocent card when I sort of glare at her.

She has a loose smile on her face that wasn't there when I was talking about Dylan.

"And what did you guys talk about?" She puts her hand on her chin as if this is very interesting, the smile still on her face.

"College, our teachers." I shrug. "He was actually trying to cheer me up for what feels like the millionth time."

"Ok, so with Dylan you talk about him and Bennett cares about you?" She asks, but it sounded more like a statement.

"I won't go there again, Lilly. You wanted me to tell Dylan how I feel, now that I might get to finally do it, you are against it. It's seriously starting to piss me off how you don't support me with him."

The Wrong Brotherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें