Chapter 21 - We should go say hi

Alex's POV

I'm trying my best to stand still, but it's hard to do it when kids are passing by me at the speed of light, making me lose my balance and fall butt first on the ice.

Despite that and how sore and cold my butt feels, I think this is one of the most romantic moments of my life.

I'm ice skating at the Rockefeller center with Dylan. Well, trying to skate would be more accurate.

I suck at this, like... badly.

Dylan is looking at me right now, his hands over his stomach as he laughs like a maniac, because I just fell for the tenth time.

He extends his hand to me, so I can be up on my feet again and when I do, he holds me tight against his body, close enough to feel his warmth.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I have to say that you're funny when you fall."

"I'll try not to be offended by that." I bring my hand to my head to adjust the annoying hat that insists on falling over my eyes, not helping my case at all.

"Ok, what I really want to say is that I like being here with you." He gives me a sweet smile and I can't help but smile back, as the thin snow starts slowly falling from the sky.

"Well, I like being here with you too." He pulls me a bit closer and leans in to kiss me. It's soft and although our noses are way too cold, it feels good.

After he lets go of me, he takes my hand and leads the way, holding me tight so I don't fall again.

"How are you so good at this?" I ask because it looks like he's floating on the ice, like he owns the place. He glances at me with a smirk before he answers.

"I was into hockey before I joined the football team, so I practiced for a while."

Right, I remember his hockey phase. I went to watch him play and suddenly it became the most interesting sport. I even asked my dad to get me a New York Rangers t-shirt. It was a bit stupid of me, I admit.

"What about you? Have you ever skated before, because you know..." I bumped on my own feet when he said that, making a point that I'm a terrible skater.

"Yeah, well, we used to skate together, remember? You, me, Bennett and your dad.''

''Right.'' I can't blame him for not remembering, it was a long time ago. It was so much fun. I remember how Bennett used to help me skate because I sucked at it. I still suck. 

''As you can see, I was never really good at it. My favorite part is actually having hot tea after skating."

"Now you get to skate with me..." He pauses to make a move and twirls around me, making me laugh. "...and Lilly. Where is she by the way?"

"She should be here soon."

Lilly is the one who insisted that we came skating because it's on the bucket list.

"I'm glad that we are having this time just for us, you know, as a couple." I say while he hugs me again.

"Yeah." He agrees and I giggle for no reason.

"I wish you could stay the whole time, though." I pout and he pinches my nose.

"I know, I wanted to, but the guys had this thing planned for a long time, so I have to go."

"I understand." I know that if we want a healthy relationship, it's important to spend time with our friends as well, not just with each other, so I nod like the understanding girlfriend that I am.

He does spend a lot of time with his friends though, so I secretly hoped he cancelled his plans to stay with me.

I also want him to spend time with Lilly, so she gets to know him. Once she realizes how amazing he is, she will change her mind about him.