Chapter 11 - I don't open up to anyone

Ok, this has gone too far. 

It's been more than two weeks that Lilly and I are barely speaking and I've had enough of it.

We've talked a few times, but it was just superficial conversation like "Can I borrow your book?" or something like that.

The problem with all of this is that she's too proud for her own good and even if I didn't do anything wrong, I miss her. Like, badly.

Lilly has been my best friend since sixth grade and I don't remember us being this long without talking to each other. Truth be told, things have been hectic and we're both busy, but that is definitely not an excuse for not speaking to your best friend, especially for such a stupid reason.

So after a lot of internal deliberation, I've decided that I'm going to talk to her today and solve this ridiculous situation. If she can't apologize, I'll be the bigger person.

I thought I'd have to wait patiently for the first half of the day to end, so I could talk to her on our lunch break, but then I'm getting my books for the first period in my locker when I hear her voice.

''Hi, can we talk?'' I turn around to find Lilly rocking her body back and forth, while she fits the floor.

''Hi.'' I say as I close my locker before I turn to fully face her. "Of course.''

She gestures with her head for us to go to the outside area. There's still a good ten minutes until the bell rings, so even if we don't have much time, I'm glad that we'll finally work this out.

I actually want to laugh, because even fighting, we still think a lot alike. One look at her and I know this is the moment when we make peace. Exactly the same day that I decided it's time to fix this.

I know Lilly enough to say that looking everywhere but me and playing with her hair at the same time is her way of saying that she's sorry.

''I wanted to apologize.'' She says the second we're out the front door to the quad. ''I didn't mean to upset you by saying those things about Dylan and Bennett. You're my best friend and I miss you.''

I see her sad eyes and I can't help but hug her for what feels like forever until her arms go around me as well and we both laugh.

''Does this mean you forgive me?'' She asks in between our laughs.

''Of course I do, Lil.  I think I'm more upset that it took us two weeks to talk about it than anything else.''

''I know and I'm sorry for that too. I was upset that you couldn't see that I just wanted to help you, then I don't know... things got so busy with practice and the school play, not that it's an excuse."

See? I told you we think alike.

"I know you were just trying to help and I'm sorry for talking about Dylan non-stop. I know it sucks."

"You're my best friend, I don't mind talking about things that make you happy and I know you're there for me too if I need." I really missed her so much.

''Let's forget about it, ok?'' She nods, smiling again and I feel like a heavy weight was lifted from my shoulders. I can't believe I spent two freaking weeks on bad terms with her. "Finally you decided to talk to me, I've been dying to ask you about the school play."

Her face lights up and I know that she's been dying to tell me all about it too.

"I got the lead role." She looks proud of herself and I know she thinks she had to work hard to get it.

Knowing how talented she is, I'm sure she got it effortlessly.

"I knew you would, Lil." I'm smiling widely.