Chapter 24 - She's Cute

Bennett's POV

I throw myself on my bed and I scream with my head buried on my pillow. I'm so frustrated right now that all I want to do is punch something.

I'm not a violent person, but this situation really brings the worst out of me.

It's all because of Alex.

I hate her. I mean, I hate the fact that she affects me so much, even without trying and this makes me hate her.

Ok, I obviously don't hate her, but I hate her at the same time.

This doesn't make any sense, I fucking know.

I can't stop thinking about what happened on New Year's eve, I can't get her out of my mind and I can't ignore how gorgeous she looked in my clothes.

I always thought she was beautiful, but that... fuck, that took it to another level.

Is it wrong to be completely turned on for something as simple as her wearing my t-shirt? Stupid hormones.

For a tiny second, it felt like she was mine and the fact that I started the year having her in my embrace felt better than it should.

That really was the best and the worst night of my life, because we simply fit perfectly together. I mean, her head on my chest, her shallow breathing as she slept, my arm around her.

I can't think of a more perfect moment than that. Fuck, I sound like Don with his romantic bullshit and all, but maybe he's right. It felt too real to believe that true love doesn't exist.

Damn it, after that day, all I want to do is feel her in my arms again. 

Since that day, my bed just feels empty.

But I couldn't fool myself. I knew it was just Alex being drunk, because guess what? The next day she went running back to Dylan and I was left feeling miserable, so I ignored her.

For two whole weeks.

It's not like I desperately wanted to talk about it, but Dylan was so ecstatic that they were on good terms that I simply knew.

I thought Alex would know better and wouldn't fall for Dylan's bullshit, but the asshole is good with words, I'll give him that.

I know this because I was at home a few days after New Year, minding my own business when I heard him going to his room, singing along to some song, all bubbly like he always does. I should have stopped myself, but I didn't, so in a minute, I was leaning on his door.

''You're in a good mood.'' I said, not really caring. I was just curious as to why he was so happy when he and Alex were fighting. Or so I thought...

''Of course I'm in a good mood. Why wouldn't I be?'' I frowned. He didn't say much, so I realized I would really have to ask. 

''So, I heard you were at a party on New year's eve. Was Alex there with you?'' I'm not sure that was the best way to ask what I wanted to know, but well, it's not like we talk much, so that was not natural to me. 

''Look at you, wanting to know all the tea. Not that it's any of your business, but yeah, she was there with me. I know it's hard for you to hear this, but she's my girlfriend.'' He winked at me and I rolled my eyes. 

''Why do you even like her?'' I asked, sounding more annoyed than I intended. He stopped playing with his football and looked at me.

''She's hot.'' I couldn't believe him. Like, really, Dylan? Can I punch you already? 

''Wow, that's really deep. I'm sure that's every girl's dream, to find a guy who likes her because she's hot.'' I clearly mocked him.

''Don't be such a nerd. All you care about is brains and bla, bla, bla. Alex is not only hot, she's cool, we do have deep conversations if you really want to know. Plus, we're doing great, so stop trying to rain on my parade, dude.'' He said and I immediately felt my face on fire.