Chapter 10 - I want you now

My heart starts beating fast the moment I grab the paper that has my grade on it.

I turn it around so I can see the result of all my hard work from the last couple of weeks and I practically jump on my feet when I see the B plus marked on the top of the page.

Holy shit, I can't believe I got a B. No, not just a B, a B freaking plus! It's too good to be true and I can only think of one thing.

I need to tell Bennett!

The tutoring thing definitely worked.

I control myself not to scream of excitement in the middle of the class and as soon as the bell rings, I'm out of the room looking for him.

I rush to the hallway where his locker is located as I now know that he usually stops there between classes. As I expected, I see him shoving his books inside of his locker and I practically run towards him.

"I did it!" My voice clearly startles him and he turns to face me, but before he can even understand what is going on, I jump on him throwing my arms around his neck in an impulsive act.

His arms go around my waist as he catches me mid air and instead of letting him go as I should, I tighten my arms for a second. He lowers me down on the floor, but doesn't let me go, so I straighten up on my tip toe to meet his height.

His body is as close to mine as it has ever been and I feel the muscles on his back contract under my touch.

I have to admit that hugging him feels too good.

I'm hugging Bennett. Holy shit, I'm hugging Bennett!

I suddenly let him go and quickly take a step back, putting space between us, my cheeks completely on fire.

He's staring at me intently and I can't help but feel completely embarrassed by what I just did. I can't believe I jumped on him like that.

"What was that for?" Instead of being mad at me for acting crazy, he simply asks. I can see his cheeks are red too and I can't help but think how cute he looks when he's flustered.

"I did it." I hand him the paper and he analyses it with a serious expression. I keep my eyes focused on his face, because I want to see his reaction.

"You got a B plus on the test?" He asks surprised, but it's more like a statement. I nod vigorously and his smile grows bigger. "I'm so proud of you, Alex."

My heart starts giving quick jumps inside my chest.

Never in a million years I'd thought that Bennett is someone that would make me feel so good about myself.

All of the studying sessions, all the effort paid off. It was so worth it. To be honest, I'd do it all over again just to hear those words.

Bennett is proud of me.

.........................

The week went by very hectic, which I'm grateful for, that way I could avoid Lilly. It's still weird between us after that day we argued.

It's been a long time for my liking and it's about time for us to talk about it, but she's being a proud idiot and so am I.

When I was talking to Bennett about my test, I saw Lilly looking at us from afar with an inquisitive look and I know she saw us hugging. I know her too well to know what she was thinking, I could see it on her face.

The fact that I was hanging on Bennett's neck and holding him so tight just confirms that in her twisted mind Dylan is not the right guy for me.

I'm not making the first move though. I miss her, I truly do, but I'm sick of hearing she talking shit about Dylan. All I want is her support, is that too much to ask of my best friend?