Chapter 31 - Don't be with her

I feel like my world is upside down.

Suddenly, it all feels different. Since I talked to Lilly just twenty minutes ago, everything is different. I'm nervous, I'm confused and shit, I don't even know how to behave around Bennett after what was thrown at me.

In the last minutes, I went from ''that's amazing, Bennett likes me'' to ''hell no, he doesn't care about me like that''. Call it a rollercoaster.

I actually tried talking to him when we were entering the art experience exhibition, but I gave up as there's no chance I'd bring all this up in front of other people.

Or maybe that's just an excuse and I don't want to bring this up at all. I don't really know if I want to talk to him just yet.

This is all too new.

Let's just say that I'm not being able to keep my hands away from my mouth, so yeah, my nails are the ones suffering.

The class is divided in different groups and luckily or unlucky, I'm in the same group as Bennett.

Truth be told, whenever his eyes are on me, which is happening a lot - I know because my eyes are on him as well - my heart beats fast and I'm grateful to have other people around, because I feel my brain malfunctioning, which means that talking to him would probably end badly.

Also, I've been thinking about Kate. Every time she's on my mind, I give up even more this stupid idea of talking to him because well, if it's not true and Lilly misunderstood whatever happened with him, I would be mortified. Also devastated.

How did things become this messy?

I try to forget about what happened, because I want to focus on whatever is happening here, as the immersive art experience is actually incredibly cool. I was excited to come here and I don't want to miss it.

They have huge rooms that are the art itself. Lights everywhere in each room form different famous paintings or just big images in general and it's like you're part of it.

That's why it's immersive, duh Alex.

Trying to let this all go as much as possible, we spend two hours going from room to room listening to our guides explain the meaning of the paintings the lights are forming, why the rooms were designed the way they were and it's actually surprisingly fun.

I mean, if you consider glancing at Bennett every ten seconds, rethink everything that happened since the weekend before you can focus back on the guide as being fun.

After we ended the guided tour, we are given free time to explore the space by ourselves and that's the moment we were spread out, each one of us doing our own thing.

There's the group that really is exploring, the one that is done with this already, so they just want to hang out with their friends and there's also the group that is probably going to be kicked out because they are playing around. The final group is the one that is at the cafeteria getting themselves coffee.

I'm in the first one. I found this so interesting that I feel like another visit to the rooms I found more interesting is a good idea. I guess it can help me get my mind away from... you know.

I want to do this with Lilly, but she's clearly not as interested as me, so she is the group that desperately needs coffee.

I stop at one particular room that is the coolest one for me. This one is not forming a famous painting. The lights are just moving around, forming thousands of dots of different colors. They then move to form a specific figure, before going back to becoming dots. Quite hypnotizing.