Chapter 29 - Just think about what I said

I'm walking down the hall after getting my books, not minding anyone around me. When I turn around the corner to get to my next class, I practically bump into someone.

Me bumping into people I don't know is another talent of mine. I lose myself in my own thoughts and this is what happens.

Every single time. I should have learned to watch where I'm going by now.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't see you." I say to the girl I bumped on.

"That's ok." She smiles. "Actually, I was just looking for you."

"Me?" I frown, because, well, I don't know her. "Are you sure? Maybe you're looking for someone else."

I thought it was rude to ask "do I know you?", especially because she probably is genuinely mistaking me with someone else, but she shakes her head.

"Nope, I was really looking for you, Alex. Follow me." How does she know my name?

She grabs my hand, which is weird, looks both ways and leads the way to an empty classroom.

"I don't mean to sound weird, but am I in trouble?" She laughs at my question, letting go of my hand as soon as we enter the room.

"You're funny. No, you're not in trouble. I'm Anna, Bennett's friend."

"Bennett's friend?" Who is... oh. OH!

I remember her. She is the one who has a boyfriend and keeps giving Bennett glances whenever I'm around, like they have their own way of communicating.

"Sorry to drag you to this room, but Bennett would kill me if he saw me talking to you."

I look at her with another questioning look, because why couldn't she talk to me?

"Don't get me wrong, I wanted to talk to you way sooner, but he's a bit protective when it comes to his feelings." She pauses and I guess she notices the look on my face. "I must sound like nonsense, let me explain."

"Yes, please." I plea, because I truly don't understand what's going on.

"I know you two kissed." I widen my eyes and gasp, feeling all the air leave my lungs.

"You know? How do you..." I don't even know how to ask. I'm beyond embarrassed and confused. Bennett is not the type that goes telling this kind of things to people, or so I thought...

"He told me. You don't have to worry, I won't say anything to anyone. Bennett doesn't talk much, but we've been friends for a while. Actually, he's a very good friend of my boyfriend's, that's how we met. I knew he was acting off and it took some convincing, but somehow, he finally opened up." 

I nod, feeling a pit in my stomach that another girl can make him talk about his things other than me. Well, I guess that's not my privilege anymore. It hasn't been for a while anyway.

This is so not important right now.

I have so many mixed feelings about this though.

"Why are you talking to me now? If you wanted to do this for a while, why now?"

"Because of the kiss. Don't get me wrong, but I told him a million times that you were not into him and he should move on, but when he told me you two kissed, I realized I was wrong. You like him too."

I gasp again, and laugh and choke, all at the same time.

Ok, there are so many things wrong with what is happening right now. Like, to start, what does she mean he should move on? Move on with what? Second, it was just a kiss, nothing else.