Chapter 30 - I don't know how I feel

"All right, I know you've been avoiding telling me what the hell is going on, but there's no escape now. You're stuck with me for the next hour, so you better start spilling the tea."

"Good morning to you too, Lilly." I sigh, knowing that this will be a long morning.

To my unfortunate fate, we are waiting outside our school to go on a field trip to NYC's immersive art experience. The idea is to spend a day in the city, learn about art and other stuff.

This is actually cool, the unfortunate part is that it will take us about an hour to get there by bus and Lilly will bug me the entire time to tell her what happened at lunch on Sunday.

She tried asking me after we were done eating, disastrously I must say, because the whole thing ended with Dylan saying that Bennett and his science could go to hell, only for Bennett to tell his brother to fuck off and Denise to lose her shit with both her sons.

Well, not the best lunch we've had with the Wests.

I managed to avoid Lilly's questions until this moment, but now I don't think I have a choice. Of course I'm planning on lying, but she'll probably know I'm hiding something from her.

"Get on the buses everyone. If you don't have your parents' authorization, you shouldn't be here, so let's move. Chop chop." Our teacher yells so the excited teenagers can hear him, but I'm not sure everyone is into the trip. Most of them just want to have a good time with their friends and don't really care about art.

We make our way to our designated bus and after we're settled in, I realize we're on the same bus that Bennett. Great...

I'm trying to avoid him after the library thing, but I think he's back to avoiding me, so it won't be hard. I guess it's how we function, we're either spending a lot of time together or ignoring each other.

Well, now there's a new element to our dynamic, considering we kissed.

And considering Anna's words are still on my mind.

Bennett likes you, Alex.

Lilly sits on the window seat and I sit next to her, Bennett being only a few rows in front of us and I can't help but pay attention to him.

It's not like my heart started beating fast when I passed by him to get to my seat.

He's minding his own business, with his earphones on, as usual, when that girl that I know for a fact by now has a crush on him, stops in front of him and smiles.

"Hey Ben." I roll my eyes, seeing her putting her hair behind her ear as she says his name with an annoying high pitched voice. Her body language gives all the flirting vibes, which makes me want to roll my eyes again. "Can I sit with you?"

He just mumbles what I assume to be a yes, not saying anything else and the girl moves herself to go over him to sit on the window, doing it incredibly slowly.

"Bothered much, I see." I finally manage to stop looking at them and my eyes dart to Lilly, who has her arms crossed over her chest and an inquisitive look on her face. "You look like you might rip someone's head off, that girl's head to be more precise"

My breathing is a bit shallow and I'm kind of huffing, but that doesn't mean I'm angry or anything. I don't know, I've been an emotional wreck since Friday.

"I don't want to rip anyone's head Lilly, you're overreacting."

We hear a loud laugh coming from the girl and my eyes dart to them, as if I could shoot them glazers.

"Sure you don't." Her sarcasm is evident. "So, are you going to tell me what's going on?"

She puts her hand to her chin and looks at me intently.