Chapter 44 - Maybe you should ask Bennett

I wipe a tear from my face as I cheer with the rest of the audience.

The play was amazing. Lilly was incredible and so were the others, but her, damn. No wonder everyone is standing as she's receiving an ovation.

I knew she was talented and I've seen the rehearsals, but she gave all of her soul on that stage and I couldn't be prouder of her.

She didn't let anything stop her, not even the drama that happened before.

As the curtain closes, I rush to the stage, jumping on her as I give her a big hug.

"Oh my God, you were so amazing!" She hugs me back and I don't need to look at her to know she's smiling from ear to ear. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you two."

I'm aware she was about to celebrate with Harris, but this is my best friend and we've been talking about this for years, so as much as I like Harris, I don't really care right now.

"It felt so good to be there, like that's where I belong, you know?" She says and I nod vigorously.

"Maybe it is indeed." Harris' voice is soft and he looks at his girlfriend with such admiration, that my mind immediately goes to Bennett.

"Harris thinks I should go to acting school." I nod again, this time in agreement.

"Well, you would rock for sure. Just please don't forget me when you win an Oscar. Or a Grammy or Tony, I mean, just don't forget me when you're famous, period."

She laughs out loud and pulls me in for another hug.

"And don't dump me to date a hot actor." Harris adds and we both laugh.

"You're the hot actor, babe." She winks at him.

"Oook, I think I should go now and leave you two lovebirds." I definitely don't want to be in the middle of their celebration after this. "I'll go find our parents and we'll meet you later?"

She nods, but even before I leave, the stage is full with people wanting to congratulate them and I take it as my cue to go.

I see Mrs. Bergman going their direction as well and the woman has too many tears, so this will be emotional for sure. I've never seen her cry in any of the plays, so this is huge, I guess.

Going back to the backstage, I look around to see if I find Bennett, but there's no sign of him, so I take a deep breath before I make my way to the fuzzy audience.

If Dylan is still there, I'm not sure what could happen. Will he call me out in front of our parents or will he pretend nothing happened?

I really have no clue.

I see our parents from a distance and they are now not only with Lilly's folks, but also with a woman that I assume to be Harris' mom, because Harris looks exactly like her, only with short hair and well, male version.

"There you are!" My mom pulls me in for a hug. "The play was amazing, honey. And Lilly? Oh my God, she was phenomenal!"

I inflate my chest like I was the one on the stage instead of Lilly. Her success is my success, so I do feel happy to hear this.

"She was, wasn't she?" I turn to Lilly's parents "Mr and Mrs. Jansen, your daughter is seriously the most talented person I know."

"Thank you Alex, we think so too." Lilly's dad says while her mom is still crying and I can't help but think that I'll miss them when we go to college. They've always been nice to me and I did spend a lot of time with them over the years.

"We're all going to have dinner together to celebrate." My mom says and I look around to see if I find Dylan, but he's not here, so hopefully this is a sign that he left.