Chapter 33 - Things change

The last days have been incredibly confusing.

I barely slept, thinking about what happened, replaying the kiss in my mind and coming to terms that I do need to come clean with Dylan.

Yes, I have made a decision.

I'm going to tell Dylan what happened and hope he'll still want to be with me.

Like I said, it's not fair to him.

I wanted to talk to him during this week, but he stayed on campus every day and it's not like I'm having this conversation over the phone.

I was anxious for the weekend, where I would be able to have 'the talk' with him but my parents are not helping at all, as usual and right now, I hate that our families are so close.

At this very moment, I'm looking out the window of the back seat of our car as we are going to the West's cabin for the weekend.

I mean, despite the conversation I need to have with one of the West's brother, I barely want to see the other one and now I have to spend the whole weekend with both of them and our parents.

Like, really? What else is the universe throwing at me?

There's no way I'm ruining the trip by throwing this bomb on everyone, so I guess I'll have to wait until next week to talk to Dylan. Imagine if I break up with him because of what happened with Bennett and we're all stuck in the same house.

Well, it would be starting a war, so thanks, but no thanks.

"Why are we going to the cabin again?" I ask my parents, who are in the front seat talking about... I don't know what they are talking about. I'm not paying attention.

"Peter wants to have some quality family time with the boys and it's been a while since we all don't go to the cabin, so they invited us." My mom says and I sigh.

"But isn't their family time? We are intruding, we should turn around and go home." I whine, with a bit of hope that they will change their minds.

"Nonsense. We are like family. It's not because you're dating one of them that things change." She glances at me, but I continue staring out the window. If she only knew... "I hope I don't see you sneaking in Dylan's room though."

"That's not going to happen." My dad's deep voice echoes the car and both me and my mom laugh. "Otherwise, I'll have to murder him and you can say bye to family time."

"You're so dramatic." I pat him on the shoulder like a puppy and I wish I could say he's kidding, but I don't think he is.

It took us another hour to get to the cabin and if there was no way of avoiding this, I allowed myself to enjoy the ride, as much as possible at least. I love the empty road, the trees and the relaxing vibes I feel whenever going there. I usually listen to soft music all the way there and think about life in general.

Ok, that's too deep. To be honest, I usually think about random stuff, like when the next Fast and Furious movie is coming out and listen to Taylor Swift.

Today my mind is on a way more important topic, though. Today I'm biting my nails, clearly indicating how nervous I am and the headache I feel is all about the confusion in my head.

At least I know my headaches, this is not the typical migraine, thankfully.

When we finally get to the cabin, the Wests are already settled and Peter and Dylan come to the front yard to greet us and help with the bags.

I don't know why me and my mom need so many clothes for the weekend. We could easily spend an entire week with what we brought, while my dad barely brought a backpack.