Chapter 34 - I never agreed to that

I look around the quad and I think of my strategy for the next two hours. I have to go stand by stand in the college fair our school organized to get to know my options.

We have to submit our final applications this week to the colleges we'd like to apply to and although I have a few options, I know my favorite.

I go straight to Boston University's stand and I spend a good twenty minutes talking to the counselors. They explain to me more about campus life, the programs, professors profiles and many other important topics.

The question I ask them however is less relevant in my academic perspective, but totally relevant for my life.

"So, do BU students interact a lot with MIT's? I saw campuses are really close."

I just want to be precautious in case Bennett and I indeed end up going to the same place.

"Uhn, yeah, they actually do. You can find both universities' students at the same cafes, restaurants, some places to study and even some events. Social life is pretty hectic around Boston."

I smile, not sure if I feel happy or anxious with this answer. Not that it matters, because Bennett said he's not sure he wants to go to MIT anymore.

I saw him at the MIT stand about half an hour ago, but he's been talking to Stanford's counselor for quite some time now. I didn't know Stanford was on his list, but I'm not surprised.

I frown with the thought of him going all the way across the country though.

I shouldn't be thinking about all of this and to be honest, being at a college fair today is making me so tired.

I just spent the weekend talking about college and feeling upset because I realized I might be the reason Bennett doesn't want to go to MIT anymore.

My mom realized I was feeling down and tried to get the reason out of me, but she was being a pain in the ass with the whole "me and Bennett falling asleep together and it was so cute", her words, not mine.

"What's going on with you?" She asked as soon as I put our last bag in the trunk on Sunday afternoon.

"Nothing, why?" I replied dryly.

"You seem upset." I shrugged, which was my way of saying that she was right. "Does this have anything to do with yesterday? You know, the whole college conversation about Boston?"

I was about to answer, but she didn't give me a chance.

"Or maybe it's about what happened on Friday?" She smirked, there it was.

I looked both ways, because I didn't want anyone to hear this conversation.

"Mom, I told you it was nothing, we just fell asleep." I rolled my eyes.

"I know, I know, all I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if you were into him."

"I'm not. You realize I'm dating his brother, right?"

"Let's be honest honey, I'm not sure Dylan is the best fit for you." Why does everyone keep saying this?

"Well, now I'm upset." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I just want you to be happy. I know you've been in love with Dylan since forever, but it's fine if your feelings are changing, you're growing up, so..." She smiles. "Don't get mad at me."

Let's just say I did get mad at her. The conversation ended pretty much after she asked me if I don't think Bennett is hot and I was completely silent the whole way back home.

Because well, the answer is yes, but I wouldn't tell her that. Having this conversation in the first place was creepy enough.

Shaking my head to forget about that, I go to my next choice. I'll apply to maybe four or five schools, just in case I don't get into Boston University.