Chapter 26 - Nobody said it was easy (Part I)

Hello Lovely Readers,

I've been waiting a long time for this chapter! I'm so ready for this! This is going to be a 2 parts chapter, as it's quite long!

To set the mood for this chapter, I suggest you to listen to The Scientist (Coldplay cover) by Beth. It will make sense.

I hope you enjoy it (freaking out here!!)

.........................

"Are you mad at me?" Bennett sits beside me on my bed and eyes me carefully.

"Why would I be mad at you?" He asks, not really answering my question, so I know he's kind of avoiding it.

I've also been avoiding talking about this for the past two days, but I feel the air is too heavy, so instead of letting it go, I'm finally bringing up the topic.

Maybe it's not very smart of me. What if he's too mad?

"I don't know, I just feel that you're angry with me and I'm walking on a thin line here."

"Well, it's not like I'm super happy that you're not taking your medicines, but what can I do? I'm angry that you let yourself get to the point of getting hurt and having an episode." I fit the floor.

I deserve being scolded.

"I'm sorry." I say as he stands up to get one of the pills the doctor prescribed from my study table.

"It's not me you should say you're sorry to, you should be sorry for yourself, Alex."

I take the pill from his hand and he goes to my desk once again to get my books.

Here is the thing, since I had the migraine episode earlier this week, Bennett has been by my side practically all the time that he's not at school.

It's been two days since I'm missing classes because my doctor said I should rest to fully recover. Until last night I still had some headache, so staying home was really good.

It has been a while since I've had such a bad migraine and I must say, I didn't miss the feeling. It was irresponsible of me to forget to take my medicine for a few days, I can see that now.

Bennett brought my homework and has been taking care of me like a true friend, which is kind of ironic. I know he said we shouldn't be friends anymore, but that's the exact opposite of what we're doing and I confess it's a bit confusing. And nice...

I thought he didn't want to be close to me and here he is, sitting on my bed, taking care of me practically all the time. I can't complain though, it does feel good.

Lilly has been visiting as well, but she said I'm well taken care of, so she doesn't want to be the third wheel, which I tell her that she is not, because Bennett is just my friend.

Her reaction is to wink at me and leave, to give us some space, in her own words. I thought we were over this idea of hers that he likes me, because you know, there's Kate...

Suddenly, I'm thinking about her. I mean, he's spending a lot of time taking care of me and it's crystal clear that even when he's mad because of my stupid decisions, he still cares about me.

Not to mention that although I noticed he's been more on his phone smiling while he texts, he doesn't check it when he's with me, just like when we were studying together. Regardless of the amount of time it buzzes, he simply doesn't look at it.

It's like his full attention is on me and I like it. A lot!

Funny enough, this is another thing he's so opposite from Dylan. His brother is always on his phone, taking selfies, texting his friends, checking instagram, and so on.