Chapter 46 - Forever

Bennett's POV

If I were to define happiness, it would be this. Dating Alex.

The second we kissed in her backyard, I knew I'd call her my girlfriend and nothing would stop me. I mean, unless she didn't want that too, but fortunately that was not the case.

I know we still have a lot to talk about, like the fact that she's going to Boston and I'm going to California. I'm trying not to let that affect me and enjoy the time we have together, but I can't help but have that in the back of my mind.

We managed to communicate, but we still didn't say all, for example we didn't talk about the fact that she had sex with Dylan, something I can't hold against her, but I still feel bad about. Fuck Dylan for saying it to the entire school. I felt so bad for Alex when he said it that I did want to punch him for that.

She also doesn't know that I had sex with Kate. I have no idea how she would react and I don't want to ruin what we have now, so against my better judgment, I probably won't tell her. Not now at least, but eventually.

Even if I have been avoiding Kate lately, I know our friendship bothers Alex. She knows it was more than friendship, although we never actually dated, but still. I just hope Alex knows all I want is to be with her.

We have so little time to be together and summer plans are not exactly helpful. I mean, we agreed to spend as much time together as possible, but I had already applied for the science camp and even if every fiber of my body is telling me to cancel, I learned this last year that I need to do things for myself as well. I have to put myself first and camp last year was indeed amazing.

"You're still going?" Alex asked when we were talking about summer the next day at school.

"I want to go. It's something I will not get the chance to do again and I actually enjoyed it." She pouted, but nodded.

Do I really want to go though? I don't want to be in the same position I was with her in the past. I can't help but still feel afraid she'll go running to Dylan at some point. I don't want to cancel my plans for her as I always did just for her to leave me later.

I shouldn't fear this, we're clearly together, but it's not something I can control and I hate not being in control of things, especially my feelings.

"All your friends are going to be there?" She played with my shirt in the cutest way.

"Do you mean anyone specifically?" I know what she wanted to ask and she nodded confirming it. Well, so much for avoiding Kate.

"Yes, all of them are going. We all agreed that it would be out way of saying goodbye to this phase of our lives." She stayed silent and fitted the floor. That's the look that makes me want to forget the whole world and just be with her. "You don't have to worry. You're my girlfriend and all I care about."

I wish Kate didn't go, it will only make things complicated, because she's been trying to talk about us, but this is the one topic we will not talk about. I already told her we're not happening, so there isn't much to talk about.

However, she's part of my group of friends, so having her at camp is something I can't control.

Alex smiled and I leaned forward to give her a quick peck on her lips. It's amazing to be able to do this with nothing holding me back. I can't say how many times I wanted to do this and the fact that it's all we've been doing lately is incredible.

I'll never get used to kissing her.

I wanted to continue talking to her about our plans, but we were interrupted by - I dare to say - our best friend.