[ 1 ] A Fall To Remember

CHAPTER ONE
• a fall to remember •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

FREEDOM, SUCH AN ironic word to use for the situation she was in.

What was freedom? Well-she classified freedom as the ability to make her own choices in her life. To be able to do and say as she wanted and not let others dictate her actions.

She saw freedom as a privilege. As an advantage against the other problems in her life. She relied on her freedom to get her through the day.

But in all honesty-she never had that. She never got to make her own decisions, or choose to do something just for the spite of it. Because her freedom had been ripped away from her before she even really knew what it was.

It was the moment she woke in a moving metal cage, soaked in lukewarm water, and blinded by flashing lights-that she knew something was wrong.

It was at that moment, she felt trapped.

She couldn't see anything but the red splays of light bouncing against the metal. She couldn't hear anything above the buzzing sound of the erratic sirens and the shaking of the cage. Hell-she could barely get down a choked breath.

Then everything stopped. For the first time she was blinded by the beauty of the nature around her. Trees, grass, the bright blue sky. And it was then that she felt at the most peace. Seeing the sunlight, feeling the cool against her skin-it was all so breathtaking. But once again-only merely a second later, was it snatched away. Crushed into oblivion. The realization that she wasn't alone was enough to send her brain spiraling into a chaotic strand of tangled webs.

People. More specifically...boys.

Lots and lots of boys.

There had to be at least thirty males that surrounded her-them too gazing wonderingly at the outside world. Each set of eyes stayed set on the foliage around them. Examining-soaking in their new surroundings. She always wondered if by this point they had realized the elephant in the room. Or clearly speaking-the walls.

Giant, skyscraper structures with ivy strands pooling down, covering the slate.

They were surrounded by them. Completely and utterly surrounded, and in that moment she knew she was truly trapped. Boys began to stir from their fetal positions, climbing up out of the hole by using the crates as stepping stools. She had followed behind, making sure to stay a safe distance away from the ones who seemed to already be fuming with anger.

Next came confusion. Where were they? Why were they here? Who were the people that stood next to them? And of course, with the last of those sets of questions came the all too familiar-'what's your name?'

Answer was, nobody knew. Not one of those teenagers were able to recall something as familiar as a name. In fact, nobody could remember anything, and that in itself was enough to make her want to curl up and cry.

She felt stripped from her identity-stripped from anything that made her feel human. SHe didn't know her name, how old she was, what she looked like, or anything about her life. It was as if she had just been born. No memories-just a fresh start to a new life.

Quickly after the initial realization of their current circumstances, the group of kids split. There were the older ones-who already seemed to be trying to take charge and find a way out. There were the scared ones, like herself, who did not say much but still roamed around aimlessly in hopes of finding something useful. Then there were the wild ones. A select group of boys who inflicted their confusion onto the others around them. Screaming, shouting, even hitting other individuals for their own personal gain.