[ 22 ] Bold Gestures

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
• bold gestures •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Thomas ran towards the exit, pulling on Evonys wrist as he did everything in his power to get the two of them to safety. He was about three feet from the door when he heard the loud rumble sound from around them, indicating that the walls were now closing. Thomas' dream self then dropped the girl's hand and sprinted to the Glade at full speed. No more than a minute later he squeezed through the walls just in time before they finally shut. It was then that he turned back to see the now sealed stone, the realization settling in that he had left her alone in the maze to die.

THOMAS WOKE UP from his dream with a racing heartbeat. The fact he had only been imagining it wasn't residnating with him at first which made him shoot up from the floor with startled. He glanced over to the bed next to him, looking to make sure she was still safe and unharmed.

At first everything had seemed okay until he looked over to the part of her leg that wasn't covered by the blanket. There he saw a couple drops of blood dripping down the bare skin.

His body moved before his brain, hastily getting off the ground and moving to hover over where she laid. With eager shakes he began to attempt to wake her up from her slumber. Her name left his mouth, him muttering it over and over again in a desperate need of seeing her eyes open.

"Evony," he said, placing his hands on the sides of her head, "Evs."

The girl groaned, and Thomas felt a bit of himself relax. He retracted his hands from her face, moving them down to the blanket so he could pull the remaining part of it off her body. At the chill from the cold air, Evony pushed herself up off the bed and began to fight to bring the fabric back over her legs.

That action only allowed for more of her sheets to be exposed, and now he could see the blood stain on the part where her leg was.

"Evs, you're bleeding," he exclaimed, and finally with those words the girl had shot awake.

She pulled up her knee, her eyes drifting towards where she could feel the substance moving down her leg. He watched as her nose scrunched, and then in a swift movement she tossed the blankets to the side and stood off the bed.

Her hands latched onto his, scanning his concerned face, "Are you okay?

He realized she was still worried about him waking up from the nightmare; it was funny how quick that left his mind the moment he found something was wrong with her.

Thomas' eyes glanced down to where there was blood running down her leg, "I'm fine, what's going on? Are you hurt?"

"No," she quickly responded, "did you have a dream? Was it the same thing as before? Was-"

"Evs," he cut off, his eyes widening even more, "You're leg, it's bleeding."

"I know, it's fine," she reassured even though the point wasn't getting across, "I'm Making sure you're alright."

His mouth gaped open, his mind spinning with confusion. "Fine? There's blood on you!" he said, releasing one of their hands so he could point down to what he was talking about. He wasn't understanding how she was able to be so calm when seeing that red substance on her. Blood never meant anything good; usually it meant someone or something was hurt or in pain.

Evony went to back away; however, she turned around once more to grab their hands. "You promise you're good?"

Thomas nodded, his eyebrows drawn but yet still speaking the truth. The nightmares effect had washed off of him the moment he saw that she was still alive. Sure, the blood was complicating things, but at least he knew she wasn't hurting and that he hadn't been the one to do it.