28. After Party

George set me down on the couch and walked over to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. He then came back over to the couch and sat on the floor in front of me. He grabbed my foot gently and placed it on top of a pillow. He grabbed the wrapping tape and started to wrap my foot and ankle. 

"You were right." He finally said after what seemed like forever of silence. 

"About?" 

"Dream." 

"Oh....George I-"

"No. You were right about everything. I should have listened to you. Im sorry I didn't believe you y/n." 

"I was just looking out for you George..you know I want the best for you. I understand what it's like when someone tells you something so bad about someone you love. You don't want to listen because you can't believe that it can even be true, but in reality it is. You were blinded by his manipulation, you and many others here George. I was just trying to protect you." 

"He's gone now and that's all that matters."  George finished wrapping my foot up. I stood up, feeling better and able to walk better. I hugged George. "I love you." I told him.

George embraced my hug, stroking my hair as he held me closer, "I love you more y/n." 

~~~

It was the next morning, my foot was feeling better. I walked into the kitchen as I saw breakfast already served on the table. "Morning." I said.

"Good morning." George said back.

"Big today today." I added as I sat down, getting ready to eat. 

"Yup. Can't imagine what it'll look like out there after the big battle."

"Yea me either...makes me kinda scared if i'm being honest."

"Me too." George said as he sat down next to me to eat. 

We sat there for a few minutes, eating our breakfast in silence. 

"Shit- what time is it?!" I exclaimed. 

"Just a little after 12, why?" George said looking at his watch.

"Fuck! I'm late!" I said as I got up quickly, putting my dishes in the sink.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To get ready for the battle..???" I answered him confusingly. 

"Are you kidding?! You'll die in that battle! You're not going. Yesterday was already bad enough, you simply cannot imagine today y/n." 

"George they need everyone they can to help today. I have to go."

"I already had to save your life once, I don't plan on doing it again." George remarked as he followed me into my room.

"I didn't fucking need you there to save me, I had it under control, I know how to protect and defend myself." I said as I started getting ready. 

"Dream would have killed you if I hadn't been there." 

I looked at him for a moment. "Stop treating me as if I was 7 years old again George, I'm almost an adult." I ranted as I grabbed my weapons and put them in a bag, stomping out of my room and heading towards the door. 

"Y/n, if you step foot out of this house and go into that battle, number one, I will not be able to save you today, and two, you will not be able to step foot in this house ever again." He looked at me with a dead stare.