Vol 2 Ch 9: Calvery Battle

Hirano pov:-

Things have gone as planned. Kinoshita ran into Horikita and both got injured.

I honestly feel bad for the both of them. Since they have to endure the pain just because of Ryueen's plan.

I took Kinoshita to the infirmary.

"You did good out there." I spoke.

"Yeah...Now I just have to wait here. Right?"

"Yes. Sorry about Ryueen. Because of him you had to go get yourself injured."

"No. It's alright. Ryueen is paying me points anyway."

I nodded and left.

When I came back. I was quite surprised that Horikita was still participating in the contest despite her injury.

I feel bad for her. Since I knew what was about to happen during the calvary battle...

Timeskip:-

Just as expected,  Class B did not attack their other enemy, Class A, at all and did not pay any attention to Class D's general nor the other horsemen either. They only surrounded Horikita's horse. Their objective was all too clear. Four horsemen attack Horikita.

Karuizawa tried to help her but was blocked by Ichinose's group. She tried her best but unfortunately, Ichinose's group had Itsuki as the jockey. So winning was near impossible.

As for Horikita, She was attacked simultaneously by four horsemen and no longer able to avoid their persistent attacks, she was finally crushed.

She fell off her horse quite flashily and is now collapsed on the ground, trying to raise her upper body back up in frustration.

However, in a situation like this, not even someone like Ryueen himself would have stood a chance of winning.

The cause of her defeat lies in Class A, who did not rush to aid her right away. In any case, it's no use crying over spilt milk.

Horikita's defeat marked the onset of a melee. Having lost a horseman and having Class C pursue them on top of it, Class D's unity wavered in an instant. Some fell off their horses and others
had their headbands stolen away, and aside from Karuizawa, the other two horsemen resisted in vain before they were defeated.

Karuizawa, who had been fighting against Ichinose, momentarily ended up in an 8 vs. 1 scenario before, at the very end, she managed to steal away the headband from a different Class C horseman through a suicidal resolve and succeeded in ending that fight with a mutual kill.

Having lost a horseman, Class C and Class B attacked the remaining Class A and wiped them out. As for the opposing team, they ended up losing only two horsemen as casualties.

Now it was time for the boy's calvary battle to begin. And I fell prey to Ryueen's tactics once again. He practically forced me to become the man on the right of his horse.

Damn. He is heavy!

"Just aim for that shitty Ryuuen's head! Raah! Send him flying!".

In an instant, as the match begins across the entire field, Hirata's horse, Sudou, dashes forward with all his strength. But a horseman from Class C stands in the way of his rampage in the
middle.

However...

"Don't get in my way!".

Sudou, without stopping, slammed into the  horseman's body with all his might and threw him off balance.

"Uwa!?".

The Class C's horseman, whose physique is inferior to Sudou's, could do nothing but collapse, jockey and all.