Vol 4 Ch 1: Her Crush?

Aika pov:-

"Sorry, for calling you out suddenly".

"It's no big deal. Don't worry about it".

"It's a great help to me if you say that".

We were waiting for Karuizawa, who had just arrived.

Together with Satou-san, who seemed happy, as planned we entered the shop. Although it was full, conveniently a table just happened to be empty as it's occupants got up to leave. So we were able to properly enter.

"It's really crowded~".

I said that out loud without thinking.

"In the winter vacation, I wonder if all the school years don't have anything
like exams".

Towards the Satou-san who said that, I too, had the same question.

During the summer vacation, we 1st year students immediately set out on a
voyage on board a luxury cruiser. But, this time, from seeing students across
all school years, it seems as though no special exams were being conducted.

I wonder if this school, too, is giving us this service at least for the winter
vacation. Or could it be that at the end of this year and the start of the next,
some kind of exam would begin? If so, I'd hate it.

"If you haven't eaten breakfast yet, order lots and lots ok? I'll pay for
everything".

Satou-san tells us not to hold back with a smile. And just as she said, I just ordered a cheese burger while Karuizawa ordered an American scone and a cafe au lait, and the three of us, near the center of the shop, sat in a small table for three.

"So what's the consultation you wanted from me?". Karuizawa-san asked as she leaned her head towards Satou-san. I did the same, leaning in my ears to hear her out.

"Hmm, yeah. The thing is, you see? The truth is......soon I'll be going on a date".

Satou said then cut in with that.

".....date?".

Karuizawa-San wasn't the only one who was surprised by this.

"That's right".

While blushing, Satou-san nodded two or three times towards us. (She is seriously love struck. I wonder who it is.)

"Umm, with who?". Karuizawa-san asked with an oddly tensed tone.

"It's Ayanokouji-kun, you see. It's a surprise.....right?".

Satou-san murmured that, seemingly shy yet happy.

"Heh.........so Satou-san's aiming for Ayanokouji-kun. That's a surprise~". There was something really odd with Karuizawa-san's tone. Did she already knew about Satou-san being in love?

"Well I am happy for you." I was sincerely happy for her. However...

"But this guy, Ayanokouji, who is he?"
They both turned their heads to me as I said that.

"Oh! Right! You aren't from our class. Ayanokōji-kun is a boy from our class with brown hair and a boring look in his eyes."

"Brown hair...boring eyes?" I thought about his description given by Karuizawa-san.

"Wait... That guy who works under Horikita?"

"Y-Yup. That's the one." Karuizawa confirmed my thoughts. But why did she stutter?

"But he seemed so... I don't know. Plain and boring. Yet you fell in love with him?"

"Right? I'm also a bit surprised by myself too. But, during the sports festival, there was the relay, right? Looking at his running figure, my heart was pounding, you see".