Vol 5 Ch 1: Voting Exam?

Hirano pov:-

It was finally the first of March, a few days after the end-of-term exams.

Monday, the day where everyone was anxiously waiting for the results to be
announced. After all, in the case of a failing grade, the only option left was expulsion.

“Sensei, are you gonna announce the results now!?”

"Calm down. Here." Sakagami sensei spread a large sheet of paper on the blackboard.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. After all, no one had failed.

The new class points were:-

Class A: 1021cp

Class B: 866cp

Class C: 739cp

Class D: 375cp

(We are still just class C. And naturally, all classes have lower points due to absents and tardiness.)

“Most of you were probably already aware of this, but just because you’ve
finished this end-of-term exam doesn’t mean that testing has finished for the
year. There will be a particularly important special exam soon, and as in
previous years, it’s scheduled to begin on March 8th.”

Sakagami explained what we should expect to move forward.

We had just finished with the end-of-term exam, so a final special exam taking place so soon afterward wasn’t unreasonable by any means.

After all, it was the last thing left on the school’s schedule for the year.

Furthermore, third-year students would apparently have to take yet another
exam in tandem with the one next week.

“Everyone. This next special exam will be the last one this year. Let’s all
work together and try our best. If we do, our class should be able to aim for
class A without anyone being expelled.”

Soga encouraged everyone.

However things weren’t as easy as they seemed.

Timeskip:-

“…There’s something I have to tell you all.”

Sakagami spoke heavily.

His expression was as stern as ever, but the sound of his voice made him seem like he was stressed.

“As I told you yesterday, the final special exam for the first-years will begin
on March 8th. After this special exam, you will advance to the second year,
as per the general convention of our school.”

Sakagami turned around, picked up a piece of chalk, and reached for the
blackboard.

“This year, however, the situation is slightly different from previous years.”

“Different… How?”

Takeda asked in return, having felt a sense of danger.

“Not a single student in your grade dropped out this year, even after the end-of-year exam. Getting this far without a single dropout has never happened before in the history of this school.”

“We’re pretty awesome when you put it like that, aren’t we?”

I thought about how we shouldn’t be getting ahead of ourselves, but Kondo cut in to do just that.

“That’s right, and the school thinks so too. Normally, this would be something to celebrate. Even we, as faculty of the school, hope to see as many students graduate as possible. However, it needs to be said that several problems arise when things don’t turn out the way we expect them to.”