Vol 5 SS: A World Of White

Hirano pov:-

I was making my way back to the elevator. It was night time and I wanted to get something to drink.

So I quickly came down to the lobby and grabbed a drink from the vending machine.

The lift was about to close so I made a dash for it. Luckily I got there just in time. But to my surprise. Ayanokouji was already inside.

"Hey Ayanokouji-kun."

"Hello Hirano-kun." He spoke in his usual monotonous voice.

We remained silent as we wait for my floor to arrive. I had no intention to talk but it seems Ayanokouji wasn't thinking the same thing.

"Hirano. How have you lived in the outside world?"

"Huh?" I was a bit confused with his question.

"You mean my life before coming to this school? It was... good? If you are asking about the middleschool incident then forget it!" I glared at him.

"No. I have no interest in that. I just wanted to know if you have enjoyed your life."

"Hm... yes. I can say that there have been both sad and happy moments, but I think I have lived a decent life. Why?"

His question was really strange. It almost made me feel like he was asking me if I lived a happy life before he kills me!

No! Don't be paranoid Hirano! That's just in movies!

"Alright." He didn't say anything and my floor had also arrived.

I stepped out of the elevator however, I stopped when I heard something from behind me.

The voice lasted only for a second and was very low that it was hard to hear but I still managed to pick it up.

"So you don't remember."

I turned around but the door of the lift had already closed.

"Did I hear that right? It must have just been my imagination." I dismissed it as me hearing things.

But for somereason, what I heard kept bothering me.

I reached my room and locked the door behind me.

Taking off my shoes, I immediately laid down on my bed as I closed my eyes. My mind drifting into the dream world. My body completely relaxed.

However something strange happened.
It was a dream that was unlike anything I had before.

I was in a world of white. The walls, floor and ceiling all were white. Making the place seem holy.

It's how one would imagine the afterlife to be. And yet-

"Hell"

That was what my mind was telling me. Looking at the white, I felt various emotions.

Despair, fear, hate but most of all... rage.

"Help-!" I heard a voice of someone calling for help. But by the time I turned around, I saw a man on the floor. Dead as a pool of blood was beneath him.

The man looked like in his twenties and was wearing what looked like some kind of suit which was now drenched with blood.

"Hehehe~" Besides that man, stood a black haired boy who looked like 7 or 8 years old.

The boy laughed lightly as he gazed at the bloody pocket knife in his hand.

The boy seemed to be giggling to himself like an madman revealing a creepy smile. A smile that no normal sane human should have.

However, there also seemed to be tears dripping from his eyes like a waterfall.

When I took a closer look at the boy's eyes, I saw that his eyes looked as if he had fallen into the deepest point in the pit of despair.

He was laughing and crying at the same time. His mind completely collapsed from insanity.

There were a few other adults that had surrounded the boy, wearing the same attire as the man the boy killed.

Yet the boy showed no fear and just giggled as his eyes swept through each of the adults.

Seeing the boy, I myself felt a headache.

The scene changed and I saw a man in a black suit detaining the boy. The other men from before were gone and only a single man could be seen. The boy struggled for a bit before closing his eyes and stopped resisting.

"Poor boy. Finally broke." The man said. However his face had a creepy smile. His face showed no sympathy for the boy his hands held down.

Suddenly another man appeared behind him.

"I see you have knocked him out, Tsukishiro."

"We couldn't have allowed the kid to kill anymore instructors correct? This boy has sure made a mess. Shall I take him away?"

"The boy has no use anymore. Besides, They have decided to take him in if he is able to recover."

"Are you sure? There hasn't been anyone else who has broken down like this one. I feel that his mind is beyond repair. Not to mention that the others who still haven't recovered were in a better condition than this boy."

"We will leave his recovery to those two. Let them do what they want with him. It's not our concern anymore."

"You trust them?"

"They have worked here for more than two years now and are trusted by Naoe-sensei. Giving them one of the failures has no concerns. Besides, they might just be able to make him recover."

"Even if no one else has recovered yet?"

"They say that they have a way though I am not sure if it will work. But family love is indeed different from normal therapy. Regardless, As long as they don't get distracted from their work, I don't care."

I was curious and wanted to hear more. Yet the pain in my head only continued to increase as I watched.

I once again looked at the boy laying on the ground. Even though he had his eyes closed, his mouth was moving slowly as if saying something.

I managed to understand what the boy was saying as I focused on his nearly inaudible voice.

"I... will.... survive..." The boy kept repeating these words five or six more times before his mouth stopped moving.  Seems like he passed out.

The man who was called "Tsukishiro" picked up the boy and started walking away.

"Now only two more are left."

The next thing I knew, I was looking at a familiar ceiling.

I was awake.

I sat up on my bed as I touched my face.

Tears?

I was crying from my dream and yet I don't know why.

I felt a sense of dread aswell as despair. And soon I felt those feelings turning into anger.

The same type of anger I felt during the middleschool incident and far greater than when I fought Ryueen.

"Just... what is this..."

That place... that boy... those men...

Just what was that dream?

-To Be Continued.

Note:-
This is the end of this book. I hope you all enjoyed it and I am happy to have received compliments about my fanfic. And seeing how many chapters this book has and how far the story had progressed makes me very happy.

For those who aren't aware. The story doesn't end here. Soon I will be releasing a book 2 of this fic called:-

"Classroom Of The Elite: The Path Of An Elite"

It comprises of events from year 2 of Cote. I hope you all look forward to it!