Vol 3 Ch 5: Pairings?

Hirano pov:-

I was sitting in my classroom. Taking this stupid quiz. This would decide our ranking.

I looked over at the questions. Some I could do. Some I could not.

I took in a deep breath.
(I don't plan to fail and get expelled... so It's best for me to get a low score. But not too low. Or else Ryueen would notice me doing it on purpose. Besides, I couldn't even get a higher score even if I wanted to.)

As the quiz went by, our results were made clear. And our ranking was told.

I looked over at the board and saw a name I wasn't familiar with. Well to be honest, I am terrible at remembering other people's names. So...

Takeda Hachiro. That's the guy I am partnered with. If I remember correctly, which I somehow do, he was the guy who wore glasses and was the third best in academics in our class. Right after Kaneda and Hiyori.

Wait...If he got the third best in class.... Then I am the third last!!

I looked that my name, which was at third to the bottom.

(I meant to get a low score but not that low!)

"Um...It's Okay Hirano! You atleast tried hard!"

(Please Hiyori....Your just putting me in further depression...)

After class ended, I got up to leave.

"Hey! Wait Up!" Someone called me from behind.

I turned around to see a boy with purple hair and blue glasses.

"Hello. Your my partner correct?"

"Yes. I am Takeda Hachiro. Your Hirano Aki?"

"Yes that's right."

"Well I am glad to meet you and I hope we can work together." He stretched out his hand which I accepted.

"Yo! Wait for me!" Suddenly an another voice came from behind Takeda.

"Oh? It's you, Soga." Takeda called.

I looked over at a brown haired boy. Although I had a hard time remembering people who I weren't friends with or didn't leave a big impression on me, but I knew him instantly.

Soga Atsushi, he was our class's "pretty boy". The most popular in class in terms of a good impression.

He helps out the class alot and is always there to lend a hand. He is very popular among the girls, ranking as the 2nd most handsome and popular male first year student just below Hirata from class D.

Although he is popular and has alot of friends, he never picks fight with people. Although, he does have a track record of being mischievous... But he is a genuinely nice guy.

How do I know so much about him? Well I am one of the many people he helped. He helped me organize the class  during the Sports Festival and had done an excellent job during the events like getting first place in the relay, obstacle race and more. He has good grades and excellent physical ability. It is suffice to say that he left a big impression on me.

"Oh! Hey Hirano! What are you doing here?"

"Well I had stopped Hirano for a chat."
Takeda explained.

(That's right. Takeda and Soga have been friends from before coming to this school. But they seem to have the opposite personalities. One is an introvert while the other is an extrovert...)

"Oh Yeah! If I remember correctly, You and Hirano were paired together."

"Yup." I nodded my head.

"As I was saying. Hirano would you like to have a group study session with us?"