Vol 5 Ch 3: Contracts Due.

Hirano pov:-

"Everyone. Can I have your attention?"
I addressed the class as I walked towards the podium.

Everyone was looking at me while still being seated. It seems they were aware that there may be a final discussion before tomorrow's exam.

However, Ryueen didn't even spare me a single glance and walked out the class.

"Sigh. I guess he really does plan to drop out."

I turned my attention back to the class.

"I know that you all plan to give Ryueen your censure votes. So there is nothing to talk about it. However, I would like to discuss the matter regarding the praise votes."

"I agree. We can't just leave that undecided. Now can we?" Soga spoke up from his seat.

"Correct. That’s why I would like to propose that you all give me your praise votes."

When I said that the class began to chatter and talk amongst themselves.

"Excuse me! But why should we give you our praise votes?" An angry voice came from among the students.

A single boy having white hair and light blue eyes stood up.

"What makes you think that you deserve it? You aren't any special than us! I know that you helped out the class before the exam! But that doesn't mean that you can get what you want just like that! If you expect us to follow you regardless of what...

"What makes you think that you deserve it? You aren't any special than us! I know that you helped out the class before the exam! But that doesn't mean that you can get what you want just like that! If you expect us to follow you regardless of what you say than you are no better than Ryueen!"

With that declaration everyone went silent. They were waiting to see how I would react. Depending on what I say, my image in class can be reduced to that of Ryueen.

"Yes and no. I am not planning on abusing my authority as class leader. What I wish to do is think of the future of our class."

"Future?"

"Be quiet, Akagi." Suddenly another voice came which shut Akagi down.

Takeda stood up and turned towards me and asked.

"Hirano. Can you give us a valid reason for giving you our praise votes?"

"Sigh. Sakagami sensei mentioned that this exam is occurring due to no students being expelled from school in the first years and it has something to do with the next special exam. It's quite obvious that this is not only the chance for us to get rid if someone unwanted. But also prepare for the finals."

"I see. Would you care to explain further?"

"Ofcourse. I believe the existence of the protection point has something to do with our next exam. As class leader, I believed I should get it, so I can operate this class accordingly."

"I understand. Yes that is indeed a big concern and the protection point will be useful for the final exam. Very well, I have been convinced. You get my praise vote."