Vol 4 Prologue: Why Aren't You Laughing?

Hirano pov:-

Everywhere I looked I could only see the shocked faces of the crowd that had formed.

Blood dripping from my head aswell as coming out of my nose and mouth.

Looking down, I see the figures of atleast 10 people laying on the floor. Groaning in pain.

They had blood vomiting out of their mouth. Bleeding from their hands from bite marks and had scratched up faces.

Some even had their head banged to the wall a couple of times till they bled out.

Pieces of broken glass from the fish tank laid on the floor and most of the fish were already dead except a few that were still somehow moving.

"S-Someone call an ambulance!"

"What did that kid do!?"

"H-He is a monster."

"I am calling the police!"

I looked at the scared faces of everyone around me.

Like hell. You all just watched when it happened to me and stood by. Now you want to do something when I fight back?

Most of you laughed whenever they came for me, watched my pain with joy. Why aren't you laughing now? Don't you love other people's pain? Come on... Laugh.... Don't you see the 10 bleeding bodies on the floor!?

I glared at them and some shrieked back in fear. When I saw them afraid of me, I felt two emotions. Anger.... and joy.

They are afraid. They fear being beaten up by me.... To see that expression on "their" face.... It makes me happy...

VERY HAPPY....

But despite that I couldn't bring myself to smile. How could I? When my anger still wasn't quelled even after what I did.

But can anyone blame me for defending myself? As they saying, An eye for an eye. A life for a life. Sounds like a fair trade right?

I looked back down at the group of people laying at my feet. Some were knocked out unconscious while those that were still awake couldn't get up from the pain they had experienced.

They who used to talk to big and smiled so joyfully at me were now reduced to dust at my feet. I am sure some of their bones are broken too.

Come to think of it. I am in pain aswell. I am sure one of my ribs aswell as a bone in my left hand is broken. Oh! And my head seems to be bleeding too! Why didn't I notice this before? Was I to distracted from the fight? It doesn't matter.

Soon an ambulance along with multiple police officers arrived on the scene. It was quite the incident. I was sure it would make the headlines.

We were escorted to the hospital. Where we all had to stay for atleast a week till we were aloud to go back. Fortunately, no one died. Though, the trauma from the fight is a different story.

Me and my family were even sued by multiple people. The families of those weaklings that could do nothing but go back and cry to their parents.

However, no matter how many of them came. No matter how many people critized me. In the end, it was me and my family who won in court.

I was lucky to have such a supportive family aswell as relatives.

However, my life was never the same. On coming back to school, everyone stayed away from me. Even some of the teachers. But that didn't matter to me. I was always alone in school anyway, what's another five months going to do?

That's right. I, who was in my last year of middleschool, would graduate soon and aim for a better life. And my target... is Advance Nurturing High School.

I can make new friends and start fresh. Be in a place where fun activities and good people would be present.

I don't have any friends since I came to this school and after the incident, my chances of making any friends in the next five months are zero.

I have a few friends outside of school or atleast I did. Most of them left me after the incident. But he didn't.

He believed in me till the very end. He knew about what used to happen to me at school. And knew everything about what those people did to me. He was a kind person who was always there to listen to me.

While the parents of my other friends told them to stay away from me, His father was very supportive of me and believed that I was innocent.

Me and him had been friends for over one and a half years, eversince I moved to this town and had to leave the triplets behind. We both lived nearby and happened to run into eachother one day. The rest is a long story.

I wonder if he wants to go to ANHS too? If so... That would be great! I would have my best friend with me!

I picked up my phone and dailed his number.

"Hello?" A voice came from the phone.

"Hey!"

"Aki? What's up?"

"Nothing much. Want to hit the arcade today?"

"Hell yes! I am totally beating you today!"

"Ptfff dream on! Oh! By the way, can I ask you something?" I asked

"Hm? Sure what is it?"

"So Eiichirō, Do you plan to go to Advance Nurturing High School?"