Vol 4 Ch 10: Her Confession.

Hirano pov:-

The atmosphere became even more tense and rigid than it was before.

Hiyori spoke up.
“Fighting still isn’t allowed.”

“I know. I didn’t come here to fight with you. That was just my way of proving to all of you that we’re more than capable of defending ourselves.”

“…Can I trust you?”

Looking Hiyori in the eyes, Hashimoto nodded, but none of us truly believed him.

“Give it up, Hiyori. This guy lies as easily as he breathes. No matter how you look at it, the rumors were spread by Class B. It’s obvious because Class B was the only Class that wasn’t included in the
rumors.”

“That’s… Then isn’t there a chance that they aren’t at fault?”

“It’s just as Shiina-chan says. If we were the ones that posted the rumors, wouldn’t we have also posted some lies about Class B on the forums in order to avoid suspicion?”

“It’s hard to say. I don’t think that everyone in Class B would know
that Sakayanagi is the main perpetrator for the rumors about Ichinose. If the class wasn’t informed ahead of time, when the rumors are spread, there would definitely be confusion.”

As Takeda pointed this out, Hashimoto let out another sigh.

“Well, your deduction isn’t unreasonable, but in the end, it’s still
probatio diabolica.”

His excuse was extremely suspicious, but ultimately, we had no evidence to disprove it. At the same time, it was also hard for him to prove his innocence.

“If we want to get information out of these guys, it looks like we have no choice but to talk with our fists.”

“Woah Woah, cool it Ibuki-chan. Picking a fight with us like that won’t accomplish anything, you know?”

“Telling me to stop after picking the fight yourself, well aren’t you full of it?”

“Class B doesn’t have anything to do with it. Believe me.”

With that, Hashimoto let out a laugh, but Ibuki was not smiling. On the contrary, she seemed to be trying her hardest to hold back her rage.

Ibuki had fallen victim to the rumors posted on the school’s forums, just as Ishizaki and I had.

“You… Do you really think that you can look down on us just because Ryūen is no longer our leader!?”

Ishizaki finally reached the limit of his patience and pushed Soga aside.

Ibuki stepped forward to confront Hashimoto and Kitō right alongside him.

“Wait wait wait. Take it easy.”

“The rumors about Ichinose and the rumors about us. Get Sakayanagi to apologize for both of them.”

“You’re still misunderstanding something. We didn’t spread the rumors.”

“What a joke!”

Ishizaki forcefully kicked the nearby handrail.

Hashimoto began to understand that the situation was getting a bit out of control.

“…Then, what are you gonna do about it?”

“Isn’t it obvious? We’ll shut you up by force.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yep. If that sounds unpleasant, then you better go and get her to take back the rumors right now.”