29

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

If I said I wasn't worried, I'd be lying. I didn't have time to question Zayn before Harry came. Asking Zayn to help unload the truck, so I was there alone again.

My heart began to race as I stared at the books.

"I know what you did?"

Jeni couldn't have told him, could she? Would she do it? I told her not to, and she wasn't answering my fucking calls. It was about to send me through the roof.

I was enraged, worried, and terrified.

All that led me to do absolutely nothing. I felt drained useless, and I knew things were ready to go out of control.

I also had no chance to speak with Zayn because he ignored me. Every time I tried to approach him, he pretended to be busy. So I gave up and walked upstairs to the far end of the library, alone, staring at the empty shelves.

I wish I were able to work.

I was so excited to have my bookstore, but I was fucking scared. Did I put everyone's life in danger?

I can't lose my parents; I can't lose Alex and Luke.

" Luna?" someone called out for my name, heavy footsteps making their way upstairs. I stayed silent, tucking the diamond ring back into my pocket because the voice wasn't harry's.

I felt like a fucking lair. Like my whole world was crumbling apart. I lied to Jeni. I was lying to my fathers. I'm going to get married soon, and I won't even be able to get walked down the aisle by the people who raised me.

I'm living in a fucking lie. In a place where my actions are made for me.

" Luna? princess, you up here?" I turned my head to see my father Luke. he gave me a small smile as he walked towards me. " what are you doing all alone here."

Despite knowing the truth, I remained silent for a few moments before shrugging—the honest answer. "I'm thinking," I said quietly, peeling my nail polish.

"About what?" He asked as he sat next to me.

"Life," I murmured as I looked at him. He kept a close eye on me, his brow furrowing and his entire focus on me.

" what's happening? did Harry do something to you?"

"No," I said, shaking my head. I was thinking about life, about many things, but all I wanted to do was tell him the truth, to tell him everything that was going on.

But I can't.

"Then what?" He murmured, pulling my hands away to stop me.

I took a big breath and shrugged, unsure what to say, but I knew he wouldn't stop until I did because that's luke. He has given me his undivided attention since I was adopted. Listen to me, make sure I'm relaxed, and know what I want. He's the Kind of person who will never abandon you. Never make you feel unimportant, that person you can trust with everything in you, who makes you feel safe, happy, and grateful to be alive.

Luke is far too good to be a part of this world. such a unique soul. "I was looking at something and found out Dylan and Karina are slowly dying..." I said quietly.

I wasn't entirely lying; my biological parents had been on my mind since Giovanni said they were on the verge of passing away. After all, they are my parents, and they did raise me for a few years. My parents aren't the worst people in the world for me, and they didn't mistreat me. They just got the wrong things in their hands and eventually stopped caring about everything.