54

𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

I gave my black button-up shirt's cuffs one last adjustment and finished styling my hair before going downstairs. My eyes landed on Lunas right away.

She was lying on the couch wearing a baby pink shirt and a pair of low-waisted light blue shorts, and she looked beautiful as always. Her braided hair remained in place, and a fresh, clean bandage covered her stitches. she had no makeup on, just some light pink lipstick.

She turns to face me when she hears my footsteps and has large, greenish-gray eyes fixed on me. She grinned, put the book down on the couch, and closed it. " leaving already?"

" yeah," I murmured.

" where are you going?" Placing my hands on the couch behind her and knees on either side, she looks up.

"I'm heading to the warehouse to check on the man and see if I can ask him any more questions." I sucked in. "then headed to a new factory I built to check it out. Check to see if everything is running smoothly, if we have enough supplies, and what is in today's shipment."

" Can I go with you?" I lift her face and bite down on my bottom lip, staring into her eyes.

" No, my love." she frowns and grabs my arm.

" please? I'll behave, I promise." I couldn't help but laugh, pressing a kiss on her nose, then checking and finally making my way toward her lips.

"I don't know what might happen at the warehouse, and you're a distracting, darling." I licked my lips, melting into her touch as she rubbed the sides of my cheeks with the tip of her thumb. She smiles and puts her arms around my neck to pull me down.

My back hits the couch, and she crawls onto me, sighing loudly and rolling her eyes. "All right, do what you want. You're lost." My hands found her waist squeezing it.

I shake my head, and she lowers her head, kissing me while muttering, "Truly, my loss. I'll try to be home as quickly as possible; call me if anything. If you want, invite Jeni or even Gemma around."

She beams a big smile, and her face lights up. "Gemma wanted my help in organizing the nursery. Let me check to see whether she's okay with me going to her house."

" Want me to drop you off? I'll wait. I don't think you can drive yet." She groans, placing her hand on my chest.

"I'm fine, Harry; it's been a day. the doctor—"

" The doctor said you need to rest. Luna, you're still a little weak. I'm just worried about you."

"I'm fine," she frowns. " you have a busy day. I'll even take a taxi if it helps?" Hope was in her eyes as she spoke.

I shook my head as I drew her closer to me. " I don't like that idea. I'm worried, alright? And I'm sorry." She grips my face in her hands while sneering.

" I'll text you when I get there." I whispered. "please? When I get into my car and arrive, I'll send you a text." Her hopeful expression encourages me to say yes.

" fine." She smiles at me and envelops my neck while kissing my lips. I murmured as I kissed her, pulling back just enough to rest my forehead against hers. " call me as soon as you get to Gemma's house, alright? Or if anything happens, I'll leave work immediately."

" Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She gave me a cheeky kiss on the lips.

"I love you," I murmured. A part of me hoped to hear those words. to listen to Luna say them, but I could tell she was not ready and afraid, so instead, she leaned in and gave me another kiss. Slow, gentle, and intense kiss. My lips emit a murmur. She gave me three last kisses before she started to back away, crawling off me.