49

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

I rubbed my brows together as I peered out the car window. My body felt heavily burdened, my mind was foggy, and my heart was lost. As I sat there in silence, I could feel so many emotions running in and out of my body. Harry was humming along to the tune on the radio, one hand on the wheel and the other holding my hand and softly caressing my knuckles.

The last few days have been peaceful, with just the two of us enjoying each other's company as things slowly return to normal. Harry refused to show me what happened that night, leaving me in the dark.

However, I was thinking about other things as well. I was also thinking hard if I love Harry the way he says he loves me. I was scared to love because this was different; it didn't feel like Zac.

Before I met Harry, I thought I loved Zac. I had naive high school love for Zac. I didn't know I was loveable until I met Harry, who proved I could be loved even when I didn't think it was possible.

Is love when you get butterflies and shy when you see them? Because that's how I get when Harry looks at me.

He's like the piece I'm missing. I'm scared even to acknowledge it, but maybe I love him. I'm afraid of being that exposed. To have a person like that. The ability to love someone in such a way terrifies me. But I love how he makes me feel—not just sexually but also in the most straightforward ways—and how he shows me his affection.

How can he already love me?

I frequently ask myself that question. Something I don't seem to understand. Harry shows himself as an evil, ruthless, and cold-hearted person, but I know he isn't. He's the sweetest; he loves and cares for me.

Nobody knows him as well as I do, so I'm not sure how anyone could ever hate him the way he claims people do. Nobody knows the honest Harry. Everybody knows Harry; that's supposedly a devil.

Nasty and heartless.

" what are you thinking about, little devil?" I was startled by Harry's voice, which brought me back to the present moment and distracted me from the worries and nagging thoughts in my head.

I muttered, "Not much," and looked up to see him staring down the road with his jaw set, intent on making it to New York without trouble.

Harry hums and glanced at me as I sat up straight and grabbed the snacks we borough with us. " want some of my sandwiches? I'm a bit hungry; I made us some before we left."

" I'll have some of yours- not too hungry. Did you bring water?" I nodded and leaned down again, passing it to him.

" I also have chips, candy, and juice. Whatever you want, just let me know." Harry nods, and I lean forward with the piece of a sandwich.

" Open your mouth," I giggle as I place the sandwich in front of his mouth.

"Is this how you'll one day feed our children?" I scowl while looking at Harry.

"kids? Harry... I cant—"

" I know," he shuts me up. "You remember when you said you wanted to adopt? Just because the kid didn't come from you and me doesn't mean it's not our kid." he smiles.

I grin. "Oh. I forgot about that. Do you want to adopt children?" Warmth and amusement filled my heart, making it swell. I am aware that I will never be able to have children, but the idea of adopting made me happy. Understanding what it's like to feel hopeless and in a foster home. I would want to change a kid's life.