30

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

" you look amazing, beautiful," Zac says.

"I know," I mumbled as I rubbed my arm; he had the same brown short hair and brown eyes. His shoulders stiffened as he stood in front of me.

"How have you been doing?" I reached into my pockets, slipping on the ring.

"I've been doing good, in fact, amazing.. how about you?" As his eyes never left my body, my heart pounded, and I felt weak as he stared at me.

"Now that you're here, it's good." He gives a warm smile. I could not look at him briefly, so I closed my eyes.

I still love him so much.

And I'm not sure why; he's hurt me in ways I can't express. But I knew he didn't love me. I gave it my all. For Zac, I fought. I attempted to make our relationship work, and I continually gave him chances. But I realize too late that I can't force love or a relationship. That drained me; I had no energy left because of the man in front of me.

"Is there anything new in your life?" He sat down.

"It's only been two months, zac," I said, my voice scratchy from yelling at Harry earlier. " I don't believe it's a good idea we chat."

I pull my hair back and watch as his eye lands on my hand—the ring.

" you're engaged?" In the end, he seemed a little surprised.

"Oh yeah," I say, nodding and avoiding his stare. My heartfelt like it was pounding nonstop in my chest, and it was excruciatingly painful.

" when?" The sadness in his speech was audible, the way his voice cracked, and his body language shifted. I return my gaze to him, lost in thought like I usually was.

For a split second, his eyes are focused on mine as he nervously bites the insides of his cheeks. "That was quick," he says with a laugh, "we split up in April, Luna."

"I know-" I whispered.

If only he knew how much I wanted to jump into his arms and forgive him even though he didn't deserve it. "When. when did you get engaged?" He asked, his tone sharper than the last time.

"Last night," I say, and his face relaxes as he laughs and shakes his head.

"why?"

" what do you mean why?" my eyebrows wrinkled as I stared up at him. "I said yes because... I love him,"

lies

I don't love harry.

I will never love harry in that way. I would never want to be in a relationship with him. For this, he's just my partner. "Luna, it took you two months to fall in love again, not even a month? was I nothing to you?"

I frowned, pushing my hair back. "I never said you were nothing, Zac," I whispered,  "but people don't stay stuck for long."

He averts his look, jaw clenched and dark skin gleaming in the dim light. "Are you serious?" He chuckles. "You said that you needed some time. To think about us, and this was your time? You went out and found another person."

"I told you we were over, Zac." I didn't have it in me to argue, so my voice was calm and clear.

I felt so defeated.

"No, you didn't," He responds, "You wanted space, and that is exactly what I gave. Space. You promised we'd be together forever."

" Zac, we're not good for each other." it hurt saying that because I wanted him to be my everything.