43

𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

" staying late tonight?" Standing at the door, she asked. After what felt like an eternity of staring at a blank screen, I looked up.

My brows furrowed as I hummed. "Yes," I said, clearing my throat. "My father recently asked me to look for new whiskey brands... I'll do that, then make a few more payments before leaving."

With a faint smile on her face, she enters the room. "Is everything okay with you? Zayn told me what's happening."

" Yes, I am." She stares at me as she picks up the whiskey from my desk, and I nod.

"Have you been drinking a lot?"

" Jeni," I inhaled out, standing up; I held onto the desk and stared at her. Her eyes meet mine, and they trace down my body.

"Are you high as well?" I closed my eyes before meeting hers.

" nothing crazy, okay? I just grabbed something from my bag." She walks toward me, holding the bottle in her hand and tightly grasping my jaw.

" I thought you said you were done with this drug shit. Luna, you told me this over the phone."

"I am," I exclaim.

"Obviously not." She shakes her head and returns her sight to the bottle.

"Luna, Just because things aren't going well doesn't mean you have to drink your problems away. This drug crap as well? It does nothing but makes you fucking miserable. Out of everyone in this world, you should know more. you saw what drugs did to your parents."

"I'll never be like my parents." I get defensive and push her hands away from me. " never compare me to them."

" you won't. How long have you been doing this? taking drugs without anyone knowing?"

"Only a couple of times," I admitted. "Please don't tell Harry; he doesn't know." I shake my head, my head hurting from thinking about Harry. "Please don't tell him," I said.

" why can't I tell him?"

"I don't want him to be worrying about me." I took a deep breath and looked into her blue eyes. "please, Jeni, please understand. I need to get distracted. I'm not addicted."

"Are you sure you're not addicted?" She shakes her head and bumps the bottle against the desk. "You want to tell me you're not addicted? This has been going on since high school."

"you have no idea what I've been through; let me do whatever I want:"

"Luna, you're a strong girl; you can handle this without getting high. I know you've been through a lot, or maybe I don't cause I don't know how it feel going through what you did. But do you have any idea what I know? I know that there isn't a single person in your life right now who doesn't care about you and wants to see you succeed. Luna, you are not alone."

"Please stop." I closed my eyes, emotions coursing through my veins. " please."

" No"

"Stop!" I beg as I open my eyes. "Stop. Please, just quit. Please leave me alone.

" Luna."

" leave," she stared at me before walking out of the room, leaving me alone. My breath was heavy and strained as I sat back in my chair. I struggled to control my breathing, my eyes closed, and silent tears streamed down my cheeks.

I am not my parents. I'm not at all like them. I'll never be like them. Never. I can't. I can't turn into the people who hurt me the most.

But What if I'm already one of them?