45

𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕤
꒰ა ♡ ໒꒱
・:*:・。☆・:*:・。☆

This is a double update. Make
sure you read chapter 44! ;)

"Did you want to talk to me?" I sat down on the chair in front of him, staring just as cold as his; I glanced at his securities, then focused on my father.

As he cleared his throat, creases appeared on his forehead. "I'd like to speak with you about the company."

I hummed and crossed my arms over my chest. "I've scheduled appointments with a detective for later this week." He cocked his head and took out a file.

"How much do you know about who set it on fire?"

"So far, we have no nothing. the person who did this was paid off well." Giovanni gives me a nod and hands me a file.

I squinted down at the strange man, my brow furrowed in bewilderment. "Who's this?" I asked, licking my lips.

"Rastro's Secret Son"

"I thought they just had one son?" As I flipped through the pages with his information, he remained silent and stared at me. "how did you find this?"

"had a spy look into the Caddels, Salah, Rastro, and any cartels or small gangs here."

" why?"

"Why would someone set fire to a business that has been in this family for generations?"

I shrugged and continued to turn the pages. "We're not everyone's favorite,"

My father smiles a sly grin. He laughs as he glances down at the files on my lap and meets my eyes. " why would I want to be anyone's favorite? It is impossible to trust anyone. We must become prosperous." As I stared at the man in front of me, he remained silent for a few minutes.

When he noticed my cold state, he fixed himself to match mine. His eyes were dark, as if they were demonic. Something I'd seen far too many times. he looks at the security guard near the door and nods at him. "you're not rebuilding the company." I cocked my head and set the papers down.

" why not?" I get up from my seat, hearing the gun clock. As I headed toward the little bar, I let out a chuckle. My father stayed silent because I knew he wouldn't speak to me unless I faced him.

I took a couple of sips of the bourbon and felt it burn down my sore throat. "Do you want the governor to be suspicious of where we get our money?"

I swivel around to face him, my back against the counter, the gun pressing hard into my back. He seems pleased as I turn around? Nodding to his guards and glancing at them. They quickly put the gun down, my smile never leaving my face as hair covered my eyes.

" you have a club that runs perfectly fine and makes thousands of dollars in one night."

I hum, pressing the cups against my lips. " I make thousands, but not billions. We're getting a lot of cargoes from Italy, Mexico, Portugal, and Spain. And you believe the government is that illiterate? It's only a matter of time before they figure out who I am and that we're linked to illegal narcotics."

"We're not going to get caught,"  I shrugged and averted my gaze.

I'm not going to get caught. But you. Maybe you would. I like the idea of Giovanni being locked away. "We don't need the company any longer; document everything and keep in touch with the insurance,"

"I'm building it," I add, tilting my head. "Whoever this guy is, I'm not letting them win." My jaw clenched as I remembered Luna and what happened at her bookstore.