Vol 2 Ch 10: False Accusation.

Hirano pov:-

"So is it time for next stage of your plan?" I asked.

"Yes. As a matter of fact. The reason I called you hear is to enjoy the show."

(What is he trying to accomplish by having me tag along?)

I didn't understand his intentions at all.

As we turned around the corner, we met two familiar faces.

(Horikita? Kushida? So it's really time...)

I could see Ryueen enjoying the situation.

"Looks like it's become quite a big problem".

"Ryuuen-kun......".

"I came here after Kinoshita asked for me. To think someone would have deliberately caused that injury of hers".

Saying that, he passed by them and entered the infirmary with me behind him. They too, panickedly followed him.

Entering the infirmary, Ryuuen brushed off the teacher's attempts at stopping him and opened the curtain veiling the bed in which Kinoshita-san is receiving treatment.

"Hey, Kinoshita. You ok? Looks like you've been through some tough times".

Seeing Ryuuen-kun, Kinoshita-san openly trembled in fear.

"I hear you've injured your leg? Show me".

He said that before he pulled Kinoshita-san's leg out from beneath the sheets.

"This is bad. Not half bad all things considered......".

Under Ryuuen-kun's hand was Kinoshita-san's painful-looking leg wrapped up in bandages.

(How odd. She seems to be in a worse condition than when I left her. I thought Ryueen was joking when he said that he would injure her further to make it look more believable.)

"Sorry.....I tried to hang in there and participate in the next contest too but.....my leg just wouldn't listen.....that's why.....ahh!".

(They two should be given a medal for acting.)

"Don't blame yourself, Kinoshita. I know you tried to participate in the three-legged race".

"...it was an accidental collision. Kinoshita-san, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by saying I made you fall?".

"!".

Horikita seemed to be questioning Kinoshita with a slight glare.

Kinoshita-san averted her eyes. Ryuuen-kun then stood in front of her.

"According to what Kinoshita's been saying, you fully intended on making her fall. You deliberately did it, didn't you?".

"Cut the jokes. Are you saying I'd do something like that?".

"You can never tell what someone will do. Besides, look at the facts. Kinoshita, who happens to be better than you at sports, sustained serious injuries and had to withdraw. On top of that, she
was planning on participating in all the Recommended Only Participation events later. In contrast, you continued participating in the contests in spite of your injury. You're asking the impossible if you want me to not be suspicious of that".

I look of confusion fell on Horikita's face and she started thinking deeply. She is probably trying to figure out Ryueen's plan and what he might gain from it.

(Sadly, you can't understand the actions of a psychopath.)

"What are you thinking about so quietly?".