𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛

" ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴄᴏɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ."

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Raina grinned as she walked around the field, there were many food tents and gift tents run by cancer survivors. As she walked around, the woman stopped at a particular tent, there were many beautiful paintings on display but one caught her eye, it was a painting of a man and a woman. The woman was painted in colour, seemingly walking down a path of beautiful cherry blossoms, her back facing Raina, while the man was painted facing forward and although he too was in colour, the colours seem to be faded and he had a sad expression on his face. Their hands were too close to each other, but not connected, it made Raina wonder about the story behind this beautiful piece.

"Hello, miss!" A young woman greeted Raina with a bow, she looked a bit older than Raina.

"Hello! I was just intrigued by this painting. Do you know the story behind it?" Raina asked, gesturing to the painting in question. The woman smiled sadly and gently ran her fingers over the work.

"Yes. My father painted this himself, I would always ask him what it meant but he never told me...Until his final days. My father suffered from Colorectal cancer when I was 18, he fought hard for many years...Until last year, that's when he finally told me the story of this painting." Raina frowned, her heart going out to the woman.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Raina said softly, the older woman simple smiled.

"I am sorry for your's too." Park Jun-hae's passing was one common thing known about Raina. Her fans and the public, in general, were extremely sympathetic towards Raina. Raina sadly smiled and bowed, her dad's passing was still something Raina found hard to talk about and she knew it would be like that for many years to come.

"May I know the story?" Raina asked carefully, not wanting to cross any boundaries. The older woman nodded.

"It would be my pleasure. When my father was young, he met a woman, his first love. From what he told me of her, she was a damaged woman, her past was not the kindest but her spirit was the most beautiful thing he had the pleasure of knowing. Despite her unkind past, the woman was kind and gentle to everyone around her. My father described her as his paradise, his safe haven. They were close friends for many years until the woman confessed her feelings to my father, but before their romantic relationship could begin...My grandfather, who owned a very successful and large company in America demanded he moves to the states and learn about the company so he could take over. My father couldn't disobey my grandfather, but he didn't want to ask her to move to the states with him, knowing her life was here in Japan...So, my father left Japan, only leaving this woman a letter containing everything he had always wanted to say to her. As far as I know, they never crossed paths again after he left. When my father met my mother, he was the happiest he had been, but I think my mother knew that this woman, his first love, would always have a fragment of his heart and she encouraged him to paint her and well this is it." The woman explained, Raina stared at the painting in awe, his story, their story was beautiful but bittersweet.