𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌

" ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ. "

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

K kept his gaze away from Raina as they ate and conversed, talking mostly to Jake and Sunoo who sat near him. But it was hard not to look at her when he could hear her sweet voice, tempting him to glance and Raina sat there, listening to Heeseung and Haru talk, wondering how her life got so messy so quickly.

"There's a K-pop festival in a few weeks, aren't you guys headlining?" Haru asked the Idol group, Raina snapped out of her thoughts and smiled at the man, nodding.

"Yeah, we are." She confirmed, Sunghoon glanced at Raina before turning to Haru.

"Raina will also perform her unreleased song for the first time too." He said with a proud smile. Haru and K looked at Raina who smiled bashfully, slightly sinking into her seat.

"Yeah, that too." She mumbled, Haru grinned widely at the woman.

"That's amazing! Is it good?" He asked, aiming the question at her members. Jake shrugged his shoulders and looked at Raina before answering.

"We actually don't know. She hasn't let any of us hear it, she's kept it very secretive." Jake responded, sending an exaggerated glare to the woman in question. Raina rolled her eyes at the younger man's dramatics, her breath stuttering in her throat when her eyes met K's for a split second.

"It's gonna be a surprise," Raina answered, her eyes once again catching K's just before Haru leaned forward with a look of excitement in his eyes.

"Can't you give us a hint? A spoiler?" Raina let out a small chuckle and puffed out a quiet breath, shaking her head with a smile.

"No can do, you'll just have to be there." Haru pouted and fell back in his seat dramatically causing the woman to laugh and grin at him, her eyes sparkling. The sight caused K's breath to momentarily catch in his throat, as it always did whenever Raina smiled or laughed because whenever she did the light would always catch that sparkle in her eyes. K must've been so obvious in his gaze because he felt Sunoo lay a soft hand on his arm briefly, the younger man giving him a knowing look and a soft smile. K broke out of his trance and glanced around, catching Heeseung and Jay's sympathetic stares, K quickly looked away feeling the rush of embarrassment overcome him for having been caught but could they blame him? They all knew he was still desperately and foolishly in love with her.

Raina had felt his gaze on her the moment it landed on her, it took all of her willpower not to look back at him, to not peek even a glance. Although a part of her, the cowardly part, was terrified of what she'd see in his eyes had she looked at him, the other part, the bigger part of her longed for what she knew she'd see. God, their whole relationship was so messy and confusing, more so on her end than his. She knew what he wanted, what he wanted to be to her and what he was willing to do to make it happen, he had told her his truth but for her, she had only said the things that would push him away to protect her heart but never what she held in her heart. Not until last night.