𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘐𝘟

"ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ, ꜱᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴄɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ. ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ. "

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

A couple of days had passed since the altercation on the bridge between Raina and K happened. Raina had locked herself in her hotel room since they got back that same day, the song on the lit screen of her laptop staring back at her as she continuously fiddled with the cold metal ring in her hands. The melody and her recorded vocals had been playing on loop for the last 2 days, the festival day was quickly approaching with only 3 days left until she had to perform this song. But all she could hear, all she could focus on was him. His words, the desperation in his voice begging her to either let him in completely or shatter his heart.

"FUCK!" She swore loudly, slamming her clenched hands down on the desk in anger. She was angry at him, angry that he had to appear back into her life and mess it up again, angry that he couldn't just give up on her after she continued to push him away but most of all she was angry at herself. She called him a coward for leaving when she was being one herself, she was letting her fear of what could happen stop her, making her push him away.

Letting out a heavy battered breath, Raina collapsed back into her seat and she opened her fist to reveal his ring, her eyes instantly catching the scripture etched inside the ring.

'One step closer to our Paradise. Together'

There was a time when those words pained her too much, a time when she couldn't even look at the ring let alone hold it. But now, all Raina wanted was for those words to be true, to be a step closer to their paradise, together.

"Fuck you. Fuck your stupid handsome face for making me feel this way, you fucking prick." Raina cursed, glaring at the ring. before letting her head slump against the headrest of her chair with a tired groan.

K had been staring at her contact for the last hour he sat on the ground of his makeshift studio room. He wanted to talk to her, try and get some clarity on what they were doing, this constant state of longing for her yet not knowing where he stood in her heart was wearing him down. He knew she felt something towards him, her drunken words, her actions, and her hesitance at his words that day on the bridge confirmed that. But he couldn't do anything, he couldn't pressure her completely unless she said them, sober.

"You okay man?" Haru asked, dropping down next to his best friend. K merely hummed and nodded his head his mind and eyes still focused on his phone, missing the knowing look on Haru's face.

"I'm actually an alien," Haru said suddenly.

"That's great Haru," K muttered dismissively, the other man's words not registering in his mind. Haru let out a huff, he took a moment before letting his next words slip from his lips, staring at his best friend intensely.